1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Ogrepalooza Discussion

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by ogreman, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I have few questions regarding to double point activation.
    So do i have to do all 3 parts to active double points (or can you get double points when you meet requirements to complete 1 part meaning that you can activate double points 3 times so double points per part done)? If that is so how long does these double points last for? Do they last for whole duration of the event after you have activated them or can you only use double points once?
    I checked other discussion threads for other events of this kind and i couldn't find a definite answer to this.

2. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Yep you have to do all 3 tasks to activate it. If you don't activate all 3 items the same day you have to put (1/3) or (2/3).

The double points lasts until the event ends. You only activate it once, once you do the total you do every day since you activated it will be doubled. So if you earned 1,000 points today, tomorrow, in a week, with double points activated it'll be 2,000 points.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    Heromanguy12 likes this.
  3. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I have another question about double points. I have read previous event discussion threads and isn't it so that when you use double points, you can't use them on 30-day and 60-day streak bonus right? Can you not use them on any of those streak bonuses either or is it just 30-day and 60-day streak and also are there any other items that you cannot use double points on besides these?

4. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    I messed up with the Day 60 streak, did a x2 on the 60day streak which I summed up to 40k+ instead of 25k points but boss ogreman seems to noticed this and he didn't add 40k but 25k only on my total score.

5. fallenCrest

fallenCrest Big Bad Ogre The Pit
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Not sure I understand the “+20%” more points thing completely. Can anyone explain?

6. It's 20% of your total score after your final post plus that total score, which gives you a new total score.

For instance, let's say you had 12,500 points according to the leaderboard on the first post of the event. Now let's say that you posted on the last day and made 2,000 points (which includes any bonuses like double activation). You would now have 14,500 points on that day, so your final score would be 17,400 points.

Formula:
    Score⁽ⁿᵉʷ⁾ = (Score⁽ᵒˡᵈ⁾ * p/100) + Score⁽ᵒˡᵈ⁾

Given Score⁽ᵒˡᵈ⁾ is your old score, p is the percentage, and Score⁽ⁿᵉʷ⁾ is the final score for the event:
    Score⁽ⁿᵉʷ⁾ = (14,500 * 0.2) + 14,500
    Score⁽ⁿᵉʷ⁾ = 2,900 + 14,500
    Score⁽ⁿᵉʷ⁾ = 17,400

fallenCrest likes this.
  7. fallenCrest

fallenCrest Big Bad Ogre The Pit
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    The mathematics didn’t concern me much, I should’ve been more percise in my question. Ogremans rule was vague and I was wondering if their was any catch or requirements to gaining the +20%, like whether it was as simple as just posting on the last day or not. From your post I gather it’s just posting in the last day.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017