1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Old But Good MMORPG - Priston Tale Review

Discussion in 'Free MMORPG' started by deadplayer, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadplayer

deadplayer Brute The Pit

Credit:
    Game Title: Priston Tale
    Genre: Fantasy
    Official: http://pt1.subagames.com
    Developer: Wicked Interactive
    Publisher: Wicked Interactive

Game Information

Priston Tale is a Full-3D MMORPG (Massively Multi-player Online Role-Playing Game) based on the players' adventures in the continent of Priston. The 3D environment allows detailed character models and actual differences in height, making the whole experience much like watching an animated movie.

Story (5/10): Priston Tale is not a story based game. There are elements of story which are displayed during the beginning loading scenes, but they seem to vary a lot. The basic premise of the story, if any, is that you are a hero in a world filled with evil monsters and it is your job to disperse as many as possible. As the game is still slowly developing chances are they will have a more defined story once the game is finalized.

Graphics (8/10): The games graphics for a free MMORPG are brilliant in my personal opinion. The very cartooning looking characters is a trademark of Asian games. The graphics are of nice 3D format and all the characters are 3D. Each character looks superb. Although the basic face of each character is similar, things such as armour, shields, robes, weapons and boots dramatically change the way the character looks in the world making everyone very unique. You can normally tell the high level players by simply looking at their cool appearance. The world is beautifully detailed and is filled with many good looking monsters, the Bargons and Headcutters look very impressive.

Sound and Music (8/10): The sound is very good and very mood setting. I would have given it a 10 out of ten, but after about 30 minutes of sitting in town trying to sell items the music does becoming extremely annoying and repetitive, extremely annoying and repetitive, extremely annoying and repetitive…….. For that it loses the two points. Other than that flaw the sound and music in the game is quite impressive. When attacking monsters you can hear them groan and moan as they attack and receive damage and the same sound is not always repeated when attacking, it does vary from hit to hit. The music changes and varies from area to area giving you a mood for where you are.

Game Play/Control (10/10): This is what makes Priston Tale such an easy game. It really is idiot proof for noobs to start in. The game play is your basic click to move and attack, click to pick things up, click to put things down. Keyboard buttons bring up your various stat screens and from there it is a click interface. Speaking with characters is as simple as pressing enter and typing what you want to say.

If the controls are brilliant, the gameplay itself is even better. Ultimately there is no real aim to Priston Tale at the moment, other than to kill stuff, level up, and show people your kick ass equipment. This is what makes the game so fun, there is no point. You can go at your own pace and do your own thing. You can have races like we in the PT section do, have duels, fight monsters, or play Mr Tinket and try and hawk your items for outrageous prices at the towns trading centre.

Summing Up: This game is extremely fun, even though it is pointless. It is free, so it is at least worth downloading. The PT section in Suba Games Forum is extremely helpful, friendly, and would be very willing to help anyone who comes by and asks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
  3. noodlepics

noodlepics BamBam

Credit:
    I remember playing PristonTale back when it first came out in Beta. I had a lot of fun with it, but I think I stopped playing when the game came out and turned p2p. It's good to see that it's f2p again.

4. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Nice review dude. Isn't there going to be a Pristontale 2?

5. reloaded58

reloaded58 BamBam

Credit:
    Yup, I've seen the preview on its site

6. jstr08

jstr08 MMORPGer

Credit:
    are the classes' strength imbalance? like overpowered wizards?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.