1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Online Shooter Showdown 5 - APB: Reloaded vs. PlanetSide 2

Discussion in 'MMO Debates' started by Aaddron, Aug 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Week 5 Quarterfinals part 2 of Online Shoot Showdown 5. This match is scheduled to end 1 week from today.

Seed 4 APB: Reloaded

vs

Seed 5 PlanetSide 2

This is a public poll, please don't post "I voted for game X" in this thread without explaining why.

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    APB: Reloaded can be loads of fun, just mindless fun. The game is pretty buggy, it's not terribly balanced per-say and it's kinda pay-to-win but it's still fun... it's one of them games you pop in when your bored... it's not really something you play seriously, it's just to mess around in.

PlanetSide 2 on the other hand is the type of game you really have to get into to have fun... you can luck into fun but to really get the best out of it you really need to jump in head first. PlanetSide 2 has offered some of the best and worst online shooter experiences I've ever had... at it's worst I'm spending more time trying to find the fight than actually fighting in it... it can be a lonely game. At it's best though it's some of the best online shooter moments around... that feeling of running into battle with tanks rolling around, planes flying over head and lots of other ground troops all around... bullets with tracer trails on them whizzing all over the place... it's crazy.

The trick is you have to plan these attacks... nothing is scripted, if you don't know anyone, don't group up, don't speak up etc then running into these incredible moments becomes a lot more about luck than anything else, when you jump in, join a clan and really get into it though this stuff can be every battle and a really great experience.

Both games have their issues, pros, cons etc but I have to go PlanetSide 2 for it's overall package.

3. ufbre

ufbre World of Tanks Fan Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i vote for PlanetSide 2
    i tried Reloaded bat its not my stile :)

4. Thedarkboy

Thedarkboy Anime Geek Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Planetside 2, definitely. APB: Reloaded is a fine shooter game, but I never enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed Planetside 2. Also, I'm a big fan of its graphics XD I really like it, a lot more than APB: Reloaded's graphics.

5. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Planetside 2 will win because it is more popular.

6. MMOWiz

MMOWiz Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    planetside 2 has more team features

7. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Planetside 2 is something special. It definitely improved on the first one:).

8. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Although not quite as lopsided as the victory by World of Tanks, Planetside 2 easily dominated APB Reloaded in this round.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.