1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on the new capstone crafts?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Lord David, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Lord David

Lord David BamBam

Credit:
    So I was looking at what you can get with the new capstones and the crafta look rather mundane, what do y'all think?

Nihilist likes this.
  2. Archdragon

Archdragon DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Just keep your capstone, the design note said "maybe" in future capstone can be used to upgrade your equipment (a kind of enchantment?), and those centurion set isnt really worth to be traded with your hard earned capstone atm.

Nihilist likes this.
  3. Nihilist

Nihilist Elite Ogre Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Cool idea, but horrible first set.. save them for laterZ-

BEASTMODE likes this.
  4. Corom

Corom Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    It doesn't look like anything worth farming for. Not TERRIBLE but nothing to get really excited about.
    And it's called "crimson." How much red is there on it? I didn't see much.
    They need to make the whole set available for viewing. It's hard to make a decision on a set just looking at each piece individually. Normally you could just go to the wiki and look up the set to see it all but they don't seem to be updating it much these days.

5. Xctroy

Xctroy Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    By calculations you'd need to level up 340 times to get 6800 capstones for the entire set. Definitely NOT worth it imo.

Corom likes this.
  6. Corom

Credit:
    They need to make it a more affordable and more interesting. It needs to be something that catches your attention. Some particle effects, maybe?

7. Xctroy

Xctroy Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Animations and effects would surely be nice but its still pretty overpriced, its just another thing they want people grinding for to buy time. Personally I'll just save all the capstones I get while playing normally and wait for the weapon enhancement thing they spoke about.

videovillain and Corom like this.
  8. Corom

Credit:
    It is wise to save. Whenever the next new thing comes out and everyone is going crazy grinding for it, you'll have it because you saved it all back.

9. Personally, I don't really care about it since it doesn't address the root of some problems with the current crafting system. The problem with crafting are the ridiculous requirements. For instance, you'll spend 10+ hours, sometimes several days trying to craft something, and then four months from now when AE adds new levels, the item you crafted becomes obsolete and you have to craft stronger items which take up more time (you might not even had the chance to make good use out of the items you crafted). It's especially annoying for players that play infrequently or players that would have been fine just sticking to their older gear instead of crafting items that are just one level better, and the craft system is just poorly designed for story progression. Previously, a new player might have had to spend five hours crafting a level 15 item then they grew to level 18 in the duration of collecting craft materials and waiting for the craft time to finish, so then they had to use level 15 gear while they're a higher level. I'm not sure how it is now since I haven't created a new character since they've revamped parts of the craft system, but it used to be a major problem and the power system makes it hard to know exactly how good an item actually is since levels are a better indicator when you're not already at a max level. Also the current craft system, for the most part, benefits players that are maxed level since those players will be at that level for a long time.

But whenever I play a new character, I just skip crafting for the most part and pick up dropped gear since that's more convenient. And if I struggle with killing monsters because I'm weak, then I just log on to my main character to help out my new character, or find someone to help. I would prefer if crafting was more lenient, like you can pick up resources concurrently with quests that you're doing, turn in those craft materials to craft an item, and continue finishing quests of that particular story, and by the time you finish that story, and can pick up the item you crafted; that, to me, makes more sense than completing the story and having to craft things as "post content" or having to continue collecting items after you have already completed the story. It's one of the reasons why I never enjoyed the Necrostaff of Doom crafting or any of the other crafting in the game.

Other problem with crafting is inventory space. You pick up craft resources in one story area, continue to the next area (or sometimes a dungeon), and so on, and never bother to manage your resources. And you never know which resources you might use, because you're already playing through another section of the story. Then when your inventory is full, you have to delete some things, and you might end up deleting something you might use to craft an item. My main character has a bunch of craft resources that I've never used, and whenever my inventory is full, I just buy bank space instead of managing or deleting craft resources I don't need. I think having a separate inventory just for craft resources is necessary, because it sometimes gets messy juggling a bunch of different resources for different items to craft.

10. Corom

Credit:
    I like the way they do things at the daily boss fight crafting. You start off with a cosmetic item drop and use resources to upgrade it over and over until you have a powerful item around your level. This should be extended to all items in the game. If you outgrow your item then you just collect enough resources to upgrade it, instead of having to grind for a whole new item.

11. videovillain

videovillain Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Haha, I did the same thing right away and decided, nope, not gonna grind for that, i'll save them up for something else

Xctroy likes this.
  12. videovillain

videovillain Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Yes, agreed! Give me the cosmetic and let me grind up it's level to something relevant to my current level!

13. Mseehr

Mseehr Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    I hope better sets come. I would very much like the dage's set(paragon set) to come. But if I remember correctly, they said that once the pvp system is ready, it will come with difficult tasks

BEASTMODE likes this.
  14. Corom

Credit:
    A Dage set would be nice. I would love to see an Omen set or even Vane. That'd be awesome!

BEASTMODE likes this.
  15. BEASTMODE

BEASTMODE Big Brute The Pit

Credit:
    I would love to see a nice legion set...it would be worth it for me then.... definitely not impressed at all with this first capstone's set. *Thumbs down*

16. Rizlaftw

Rizlaftw Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I have about 3000 an I won’t waste them on that set currently going to wait for something else that looks more legendary status worthy as I just looks crap imo. I like the idea though it seems like a good way to keep players playing but the reward isn’t justifiable for the work lol.

17. Problem with a lot of craft items is poor color scheme. There are a lot of greys, reds, murky browns, and other colors that just don't pop, especially when they don't have much saturation. And then you have overrated color schemes that appear frequently, like black and red, or black and blue.

You don't really see neon colors or vibrant colors in the game; no magentas, lime greens, light pinks, light blues, or colors that visually strike the eye; maybe only a few items like Incardadine Rush, but even that item isn't perfect since the texture looks low-res.

And aside from color scheme, the item themes have been lacking. You can't really identify a meaning to a lot of items, because there isn't much that's symbolic to the item. And AE could do a lot better than throwing in skulls, making an item black, and adding blue accents, but they rely too heavily on reusing model assets.

I really don't expect any new capstone item to be "legendary". If anything, that'll be reserved for DC items, but even a lot of DC items aren't that great.