1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Possible temporary new direction for triple triad tournaments

Discussion in 'Triple Triad' started by p, Mar 7, 2013.

1. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    As some of you may have noticed, the last several tournaments have been mostly disqualification, not playing. This has been personally frustrating for me, as I'm sure it has for others. I like to play, not to sit around and hope someone plays.

To that end, I've come up with an idea: a short break from the big 8-man tournaments, where instead we will run quick 4-man tournaments. They could have a reduced prize or no prize, be a lot easier to put together, and give people more chance to play in that tournamenty format. Heck, you could have quick pick-up tourneys in chat this way. Then after we've used that to try and put together some more interest in the tournaments again we can bring 'em back full swing.

Opinions? Yes, no? (as there is already a tournament set up, we'll use from now 'til that ends as the time period to think it over). If this tournament goes off without a hitch we'll probably just let it go on because it's an obvious shift in trends. I just want to see what everybody thinks about it.

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Yes! In full agreement. The disqualifications and wait times lately have been horrendous... which just spawns more disqualifications... been in that boat myself. Anything that helps with this is a good idea in my opinion. :)

3. Thedarkboy

Thedarkboy Anime Geek Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I also think that there have been way too many disqualifications. I think this is a good ides, that we could try to see if it works or not ^^

4. Supernatural

Supernatural LiveStreamer Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    4 man tournaments are actually a great idea, we could just hook up on the chat and make one :)

5. Mordekaiser

Mordekaiser Dealer of Death Ogre Veteran

Credit:
  6. p

Credit:
    Look for this to be up Monday night!

7. Natdanai

Natdanai Ogre Master Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    how to delete tournament i created?

8. p

Credit:
    You can't delete your own, but ogreman can be asked to take it down, I was going to send him a message about it later.

9. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Ok, it has been deleted:).