1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Power Levelling, good or bad?

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by tredflight, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tredflight

tredflight Big Brute

Credit:
    Hey all, it's me, your loveable tredflight! So, I'm poking around the online searches this morning for my favourite games whilst waiting on a few things and lo and behold: Aion Power Levelling Service. This got me to thinking, what are your thoughts on such services?

Are they good or bad, do they actually take something away from the subscribers and legit players for MMOs like WoW or Aion, or are they a scourge that needs to be wiped out along with bots on MMO's.

I'm curious what you think?

For my own 2 cents, I'm pretty much against the service myself since I can see where it could cause problems for new players, game economy and so on.

2. Lorebass

Lorebass BamBam

Credit:
    powerleveling is fine... there are always people who need things to do in their lives...

3. TehPieGuy

TehPieGuy Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    I think it's bad! Some people actually work for leveling >.<

4. Drang

Drang BamBam

Credit:
    Good or bad, most power leveling services and other third party services are against most (if not all) game Terms of Service. If you're caught, your account could be permanently banned, just as if you were hacking the game.

Don't do it!

5. MMOWiz

MMOWiz Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    power leveling is bad:(.

6. thx1138

thx1138 Little Spike

Credit:
    it just so happens that i work for a company that does power leveling. We do it for WoW, SWG and Aion and we dont have any probs with bannings or suspensions. The thing is we use real people not bots or 3rd party progs. We are also 100% American. Aion PL'ing takes a long time, its pretty tedious work. WoW on the other hand is as smooth as a baby's arse.
    If anyone wants any more info PM me.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2009
  7. Yoroic Gavax

Yoroic Gavax Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Power leveling

Why would u power level?:confused: i think power leveling is for lazy noobs who cant train themselves power leveling is bad and should get players band for life if you don't train by your self you should have an account because training is the fun of the game you should just be happy with your character for how u made them so stop power leveling its not a good why to go and it could get you scammed by a fake leveler so just dont do it

Power leveler
    :stupid:

Signed~~Yoroic Gavax

8. thx1138

thx1138 Little Spike

Credit:
    If you go with my company you dont have to worry about getting scammed, you can call and talk to me or any of the other people that work here. I get a lot of people that say its refreshing to be able to call a company such as the one i work for and hear an American voice.:pimp:

9. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    Power Levelling services... I'm assuming you pay them, and they power level your character for you. Well, power levelling in MMORPGs don't matter, because all it means is that somebody could get to a high level really quickly, but high levels aren't UNATTAINABLE by normal players, AND, a person who is high levelled doesn't affect anyone else in an MMORPG. It's things like hacking the game or buying in-game money with real money that are bad for a game. It is obvious why hacking is bad (it gives an unfair advantage to someone), and buying money is also bad, because by buying money, it's an unfair advantage for someone, since money affects the economy of the game. Money can be bought, then used to buy rare items before anyone can get their hands on them.

Also, if an MMORPG has so much grinding that power levelling would look EXTREMELY attractive to the average player, that MMORPG isn't very good...

10. tredflight

tredflight Big Brute

Credit:
    An interesting take on it there, drako.

11. thx1138

thx1138 Little Spike

Credit:
    kind of why i dont play WoW myself, I play SWG. i'm a geek :square:

12. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    There IS usually a level of grinding to ALL MMOs... however, if it is good, then the grinding is reduced to a minimum, and there would be lots of fun quests to make it more fun to grind.

13. tredflight

tredflight Big Brute

Credit:
    What are some of the ways you would remove the grind from a game like Aion, drako?

14. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    You'd never be able to completely remove grind from any MMORPG. However, to minimize it, I'd make sure that there were a large variety of quests/missions on offer at all levels, not just go from A to B, farm x of y etc. quests/missions.

15. DarkJedi

DarkJedi DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    Yah.. You are right! this is not a good idea to visit any power leveling sites.. They might hack your account as well.. This cute asian dude has brain :karate:

16. tredflight

tredflight Big Brute

Credit:
    Yeah, fetch quests and kill x&y quests are pretty much old hat now.

17. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    Buying golding, power levelling services, they're all risky, because you have to enter in your password and your username for them (not for some buying gold services).

18. shugo

shugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I agree with that, but I think it also depends on what kind of variety you offer, not just how large it is, lets take leveling in runescape as an example. You can fish and you can cook there, but those are menial tasks, I mean unless you are a bit of a Jamie Oliver yourself when has cooking ever been any fun? ;) In relationships a lot of people complain about who is doing the cooking and who is doing the wash-up afterwards. ;) Thankfully runescape has more skills than cooking, but nevertheless you'd have to be careful with that, because what variety in skills you offer can be wrong and can make it look that much more like grinding.

19. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    Yes, but all the skills in Runescape are boring to do and to watch.

20. tredflight

tredflight Big Brute

Credit:
    Hmm, would it be better if those skills were more interactive, fun to watch?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.