1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

predictions for Worldcup 2018

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by shugo, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shugo

shugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    My predictions for the worldcup 2018.

semi-finalists: Serbia, Russia, Netherlands, Germany ;)

this could be interesting ;)

why these semi-finalists?

-Serbia, I would only need to point out South Korea as an example. Advocaat is a very good coach, certainly not worse than Hiddink. The are a lot of good Serbian players playing in European football leagues, I am sure Advocaat can manage to make a good team out of this.
    -Russia, because home-turf advantage.
    -Germany, because hey they won the Worldcup 2014 and Low thinks this team has long-lasting potential. I happen to agree with the German coach.
    -Netherlands, because while Sneyder and Robben will probably be too old by then, we still have other younger good team members.

why not Argentina and Brazil?

-Brazil, because they did not convince me. Even when Neymar gets better and more experienced, I don't see them getting very far. They have a comparably weaker team and they don't have home-turf advantage in 2018.
    -Argentina, because Messi is getting older and they have few other good players in the younger generation.

This is of course assuming that countries like France, Columbia, United States, Belgium will get knocked out in the quarter finals by the semi-finalists, which for a great deal depends on the lottery draw of the starting poules. Anyhow a lot can happen in 4 years, but as it stands now this seems to me to be a very plausible outcome.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
  2. arZ

arZ Banned The Pit

Credit:
    Its maybe to early to predict something in 2018 , dont you think ? :)
    We are in year 2014 ... 4 years till 18 ...

3. ivekvv256

ivekvv256 Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
    True, I agree... I would agree on the Germany and Netherlands, but I don't know for Russia and Serbia, that will be a surprise. ^^

4. shugo

Credit:
    true it is quite early. But it is only a prediction based on as it stands now. Anyhow based on the current circumstances I saw some irony here.

5. Weljash

Weljash DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Wow i would like to see Serbia in Semi-finals :D

6. shugo

Credit:
    that may happen. In my mind it doesn't seem unlikely.

7. ivekvv256

ivekvv256 Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
    I would like to see them in finals aswell, but it's hard to know will there be another good player who will rise from nowhere... The only thing we can do right now is wait. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.