1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Ranger Class thoughts

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Xctroy, May 26, 2020.

1. Xctroy

Xctroy Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    We are going to see a Ranger class in AQ3D soon. What perks and skills do you think this class would have, and what would you personally like to see in it ?

2. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I would assume Ranger is going to be similar to Pirate and not just because they both need a class specific weapon. I could see it get some from of CC, AoE and some kind of gimmick based around the fact that you can only use a bow as your weapon like Pirate's Reload with some kind of secondary use. AE hasn't really shared anything about the skill set yet so we can only guess what is going to happen with it.

3. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I would hope the class doesn't force you to equip a bow, like how Pirate class forces you to equip a gun. I've never really been a fan of forced weapon equips in video games, particularly in MMORPGs where freedom of customization is highly valued.

I wouldn't mind it in battle, if instead of using your favorite weapon, you used a temporary bow (as long as I don't have to craft the bow or buy it, and as long as stats from your favorite weapon carries over), because it's only for that particular situation. Just as long as I don't have to switch back and forth with my weapon equip, and can just maintain the weapon I want to equip. I think AQWorlds' ranger class does it well, because in battle, I believe you use a bow, but it doesn't actually change the weapon you actually have equipped... so if you have a sword in-game, you'll still have it equipped after the battle is done.

4. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    I would hope that too but probably we are going to be forced. But it doesn't mean things will change in the future even after it is released.

5. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I wouldn't have too much confidence about being forced to equip a bow. Rogue isn't forced to equip daggers. Mage isn't forced to equip staves. Berserker isn't forced to equip axes. Ninja isn't forced to equip shurikens and nunchucks. You already have more freedom with weapon choice for every class except for Pirate class. And I don't think it would be beneficial to force another class to only wield a specific weapon, because it's just going to be a hassle collecting a variety of weapons; imagine how much of a mess that would be if there were 10 classes that required specific weapon types... you'd have to farm for 10 different weapons and that would be more time consuming.

6. Metaqrion

Credit:
    They are not forced to equip specific weapon types because their skills were not blocking that. If you are using twitter actively, probably you saw animation arts for ranger class and they all require a bow to use. It would be pretty weird using bow animations with a sword in our hands. And don't worry about the second thing, you won't need to farm 10 different weapon types since any class can use any type of weapon with the last update in the game. For example, a pirate can equip a sword if it is a stat item, but it needs to be hidden by a cosmetic gun weapon. This system will make easier the switching classes that use different kinds of weapons.

7. Justiphis

Justiphis MMORPGer

Credit:
    Ranger class I hope it'll be the next pirate in terms of DPS.

Other than that I just love the asthetics as well. And the bows have been looking pretty brutal from what has been released.

I hope the special is just a giant rain of elemental arrows showering over the enemy.

Just no really complications like Ninja Class is all I'm asking for.

8. Metaqrion

Credit:
    I am sure there will not be any complexity. By the way, ranger class is coming very soon, it is announced by Artix in the game yesterday.