1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Recommend one Manga/Anime [Event]

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga Forum' started by Vocal, Apr 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vocal

Vocal サーベル 青 The Pit

Credit:
    Hello,to celebrate the creation of the manga forum,I created a points give away event.Simply make a post of a recommendation to a anime or manga.The post must have at least 3 sentences describing the anime or manga.
    50 points will be given to those who post.
    Giveaway will last April 30th to May 7.:)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2011
  2. quinn

quinn Starcatcher Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I recently have been watching:
    Trigun (Wild West anime. With a pacifist main character who survives the most ridiculous situations)

Last Exile (Claus (AKA Immelmen) and Lavie are two very close friends who have lost everything but stay together taking on missions with their air ship)

Full-metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (FMA but it follows the manga. It's a great reimagining of the original FMA and it's pretty good.)

All can be watched on-demand on Netflix :)

Also, Fairy Tail is my favorite anime. It's hard to describe, but check it out! :)

3. Noche

Noche Don't feed the troll! Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Oooh, Trigun. I have been meaning to check that one out for a while. :)

As far as my main recommendation, I stumbled across a lesser-known manga called Saiyuki about a year ago and was pretty much hooked. It's basically an adaptation of the same general story as Dragon Ball but so convoluted that you probably won't recognize it beyond the basic premise. The plot is largely episodic but the many sub-events fit together into the overall story very well. However, decent though the plot may be, the characters themselves are what make the series unique. The twist that the antagonists aren't inherently bad and that the "heroes" aren't so angelic themselves adds a really cool dimension that many series out there don't explore. There are actually five branches of the series: two that follow the present story, two prequels, and an offshoot that seems loosely related. It's been a bit hard to track down all of the parallel stories, though, ever since OM shut down.

Don't watch the anime. It's awful--avoid it like the plague. XD

4. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    Highschool of the Dead

[​IMG]

Just fan art. Not what they actually look like but fairly close^

Highschool of the Dead (HOTD for short) is a story about a group of high school students who suddenly find themselves in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. This series is an Ecchi/Horror content. Readers should be aware of this before they start to read in case sexual content and violence is a thing to keep away from. HOTD is set is present day and begins in a high school following student Takashi Kumoru. Follow Takashi and his gang of friends through the troubles they must face in a Zombie Apocalypse! Please note the zombies are called "Them" :D.

**Note the anime follows the manga, then gets jumbled up a bit...then it starts to follow it again**

For an explanation of this jumble you can PM me about it if you want.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2011
  5. Vocal

Vocal サーベル 青 The Pit

Credit:
    points sent.:)

6. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I discovered Trigun recently when the entire series was released on DvD. I have started watching and so far I love it:D. It is a shame there are only 26 episodes because it is one series that I could really enjoy. I like the space western theme and Vash better than the other anime i have seen.

7. Vocal

Vocal サーベル 青 The Pit

Credit:
    points sent =]

8. Dattebayo

Dattebayo MMORPGer

Credit:
    Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood :D.

I absolutely love the FMA series, but this just made my day when I first hear this was coming out!

FMAB follows Edward Elric and Alphonse Elric as they defeat all of the bad guys they encounter along their journey to find the philosophers stone. The anime follows the manga almost exactly so you can read or watch either. Learn how philosopher stones are created and what transmutation circles are and how the scientists of their time wish to use them. Follow this intense fighting series with a few humorous situations! I recommend it to everyone that reads this =).

Edward is not short. ;o....okay he totally is..

9. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Ask Ogre if you can make a big anime event. He probably would to support the new forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.