1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Red Alert, A path beyond.

Discussion in 'MMOFPS and Online Shooters' started by oropher, Jun 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oropher

oropher Club Swinger The Pit

Credit:
    I took this crappy review from my website which might shut down in a few days. So rather than loosing the info, I better post it here. I took all the screenshots myself

RA: APB is a free (free as in free beer) stand alone modification from C&C: Renegade.
    Remember the bloody war between GDI and NOD in 1996? I bet you do. But today, you are in for real! RA:APB will bring you back in time in the world of "Red Alert", and you will not be comfortably commanding "from above" your soldiers, this time, you are the soldier running to save your life.

A picture will explain everything better and quicker. Do you remember how a Nodian construction yard and a Tesla tower look like?

[​IMG]

Suddenly, you feel small and your life becomes insignificant. But relax, this is your base. You are safe for a while until the GDI comes to destroy your base.

And this is what you'll have to face:

[​IMG]

This scary black bubble is a gap generator, you can not see through but everything that stands inside can see you (and fire at you). The shiny stones on the ground are of course the precious ore, which needs to be collected and processed to get your base the needed resources to build more vehicles and units.
    In RA: APB, you will have the opportunity to play both on the GDI and NOD side, using different technologies and weapons, exactly like in Red Alert.
    Below find a screenshot of one of these collectors working in an ore field.

[​IMG]

Quite an amazing sight.

In RA: APB, you will not only run, but drive and fly as well. I unfortunately did not get a screenshot yet of all the tanks, boats and shoppers you can pilot, but I will add more screenshots soon.
    I think I forgot to mention this game is multiplayer. There is always an official server running and apart from a few crash (easily recoverable) at the exit, I never had any problem getting in. The community has made a huge effort to improve the game's graphics, the gameplay makes you forget that things lack of details and look slightly old from time to time. Don't forget, this is 1996 !

Anyway, I highly recommend this game, which is too good to be ignored and here is the official website with, of course, a download section: Red Alert: A Path Beyond

Have fun!

2. oropher

oropher Club Swinger The Pit

Credit:
    Below, two vehicules from the game.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Good info, Oropher. Going to move it to shooters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.