1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

RIFT VIP Closed Beta Key What I Really Wanted For Christmas Giveaway!

Discussion in 'Contests, Events, and Giveaways' started by GameOgreVideos, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GameOgreVideos

GameOgreVideos Game Ogre YouTube Channel GameOgre Developer

Credit:
    Trion Worlds and Gameogre have teamed up again to offer a VERY limited amount of RIFT VIP Closed Beta Keys.

This Giveaway will be done in 3 parts, so please make sure you READ the instructions for EACH Part!

[​IMG]

Part 1

Starting NOW and for the next 48ish hours, if you want to enter a random drawing to win a RIFT VIP Key, then just post in this thread. Please only post ONCE and no duplicate accounts! Any person found making more than 1 forum account to enter will automatically be disqualified!

After hours we will take all the names of the people who posted in this thread and have a random drawing. The names selected will win a RIFT VIP Closed Beta Key and it will be sent to them through PMs.

If you are one of the lucky ones to win themselves a Rift VIP code, you will be guaranteed access to all of the remaining Rift closed beta events!

Part 2

FACEBOOK GIVEAWAY! Starting Monday Dec 27th at Noon EST until Midnight Wednesday Dec 29th, Keys will randomly be posted to our Gameogre.com Facebook page at: GameOgre | Facebook . All you have to do is follow the instructions in the Facebook post for your chance to win a VIP Key!

The times the chances to get the keys will be posted will be random, there may be 2 chances posted within an hour, or no posts for 8 hours, so make sure you are keeping a close eye on the FaceBook page as those key chances could pop up at any time!

Please make sure you follow the instructions VERY CLOSELY on the Facebook Page as you may have to remove words from the codes or answer trivia questions before you win them!

If you are one of the lucky ones to win themselves a Rift VIP code, you will be guaranteed access to all of the remaining Rift closed beta events!

Part 3

Getting to Know RIFT and Gameogre Scavenger Hunt! Starting Monday Dec 27th sometime after NOON EST a NEW thread will go up in our contest section here on these forums. It will also be announced on Facebook. Throughout the next 12 hours instructions will be posted in that thread. First person to post in that thread with the correct thing we are looking for will win a RIFT VIP Key.

For Example:

We may ask for things like. What is Gameogre's Featured Game of the Week? or On The Rift website what is the link to the Faction Page? First person who correctly posts in the newly created thread for Part 3 with the correct answer will win a Rift VIP Key.

RIFT BETA BASICS

When does beta start?

The first RIFT beta event begins Dec. 3rd, 2010 at 18:00 GMT. Details for additional events will be available on RIFT - Beta Central as they are announced.

How do I sign up for beta?

Create a Trion Worlds account at RIFT - Home

Why should I want a beta key?

Applying a beta key to your account will give you a much better chance of being selected for beta events. Beta keys come in two flavors: Beta Invite Keys and VIP Beta Keys.

What’s a VIP Beta Key?

VIP Beta Keys grant you access to ALL beta events.

Where can I get a VIP Beta Key?

Trion will be giving away VIP Beta Keys daily at our Facebook and Twitter sites, as well as our forums. Many of our Beta Partners are also giving away VIP Beta Keys at their social media sites and via special events.

What should I do with my Beta Invite Key or VIP Beta Key?

Login to your Trion Worlds account or create an account if you don’t already have one and enter your code in the indicated box.

APPLYING A KEY TO YOUR ACCOUNT

Can a key be applied to more than one account?

Each key can only be applied once, so everyone needs their own key.

Can I apply more than one Beta Invite Key to my account?

You only need one; adding another will not increase your chances. While the system will allow you to add the key, we suggest giving it to a friend.

Can I apply both a Beta Invite Key and a VIP Beta Key to my account?

Yes. The VIP Beta Key overrides the Beta Invite Key and grants you access to all beta events.

GETTING INTO THE BETA

How do I know if I’ve been invited?

If you are invited, you will be notified through the email address associated with your Trion Worlds account a few days before the beta event begins. Make sure your Trion account is set to send you emails.

How do I download the beta if I’m invited to a beta event?

Once you’ve been invited to a RIFT beta event, you must log in to your Trion Worlds account and agree to the Terms of Use, License, and Non-Disclosure Agreement (EULA). After accepting the EULA, a link to download the RIFT patcher will be available in your account. You will also receive instructions via email.

BETA EVENTS

How many beta events will there be? How long will each event run?

We’ll be running beta events leading up to the worldwide launch of the game. Make sure to bookmark RIFT - Beta Central for the latest beta news.

I have a Beta Invite Key. Can I participate in multiple events?

Yes. A single key gives you a chance to get invited to all beta events.

I got invited but can’t play at that time. Can I get a rain check for a future event?

No, but you’re still eligible for future events.

INTERNATIONAL

Will EU and Oceanic players be able to participate?

Yes. The codes we are handing out work for our players overseas as well.

Will there be beta events localized in French and German?

Yes. Starting with the Guardians of the Vigil event, you’ll be able to choose your language.

Do the beta codes work for international players?

Yes. Beta codes can be applied to your account regardless of where you live.

FEEDBACK

Are these beta events the only testing that is being done on RIFT?

No. Our alpha server has been up and running for some time and has a very active community of gamers. We have already received a huge amount of feedback and have responded by making changes. We will continue to look to alpha testers to supply us with feedback, as well as gather additional feedback during the public closed beta.

How do I provide feedback during beta?

You can provide feedback in-game by accessing the help menu (the “?” at the bottom right of the game screen). You will also have access to the RIFT beta forums during the beta event and for 48 hours after the conclusion of the event, where you can provide additional feedback. Remember to keep information about the RIFT beta limited to the beta section on the forums until the NDA is lifted.

BETA PRIZES

What are the prizes for beta?

We’ll be giving away an Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 and up to ten (10) In-Game Prize Packs after EACH beta event.

What’s an In-Game Prize Pack?

This prize package contains all of the unique pre-order items that will be available from retailers worldwide. We’ll reveal those items as we get closer to announcing the start of the Pre-Order program.

How do I win an In-Game Prize Pack?

Up to ten (10) RIFT In-Game Prize Packs will be awarded to eligible participants in each beta event. Each beta event has a particular task that must be completed as one of the requirements to be entered to win. To see the task for a given beta event, check the event description under “Beta Schedule” at RIFT - Beta Central. Winners will be selected at random from eligible participants who complete the designated task. Please see the official rules for terms and conditions.

How do I win an Nvidia GeForce GTX 460?

One Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 will be awarded to an eligible participant in each beta event. Each beta event has a particular task that must be completed as one of the requirements to be entered to win. To see the task for a given beta event, check the event description under “Beta Schedule” at RIFT - Beta Central. Winners will be selected at random from eligible participants who complete the designated task. Please see the official rules for terms and conditions.

I’m not a North American resident, but can I still be entered to win an Nvidia GeForce GTX 460?

Due to regulations and restrictions in many foreign countries, we are unable to award physical prizes to non-North American participants. However, you’re still eligible to win some awesome in-game items!

2. deadmonster

deadmonster BamBam

Credit:
    Pleaze pleaze Gift me Beta vip key :S

3. Kaedon

Kaedon Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Please send one my way!

4. Moridiin

Moridiin BamBam

Credit:
    i'll try again for a key....preettttyyyy pleeeeeeeeessseee

5. VitorMC

VitorMC Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I need a key!!!! :) Happy new year gameogre ;)

6. LuciferIAm

LuciferIAm Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Key would be pretty awesome =P

7. KoxAlen

KoxAlen BamBam

Credit:
    Let's try again. BTW happy new year!

8. Oatmealz

Oatmealz Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Happy Holidays all and lets see how this turns out! So much snow here in NYC =(

9. fantasyblue

fantasyblue Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Let's try for a key, and happy holidays to all. And yes, there is a lot of snow here in NYC D:

10. lolkek

lolkek Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I would love a VIP key , awesome job gameogre!

11. Xeno326

Xeno326 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Posting for a chance for a VIP Key. Have a great New Year!

12. Crowfl

Crowfl Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Happy New Year to all :D
    Thank you for the chance to win a vip key

Crowfl

13. LastDream

LastDream Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Hope I can get 1 key as a New Year gift)

14. demodar

demodar Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I would love to have a key, and try this amazing looking game

15. Pizeltan

Pizeltan BamBam

Credit:
    *Wave* I hope every one of us gets a VIP key. See you in game!

Pizeltan

16. Gamefreak464

Gamefreak464 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I would really appreciate a RIFT VIP key,

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year.

- Game

17. TiaGo

TiaGo Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Please I would love a VIP key, I have been trying to get one ever since the first Beta. My goal during beta is to test out as much classes as possible and test the game out bit by bit. I have read so much info about Rift all I need now is some gameplay time. =/

Anyways thanks for the opportunity gameogre.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2010
  18. moose85

moose85 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Please add me to the list for the Rift beta key draw. =)

19. VitorMC

VitorMC Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Just got my key from facebook, you can exclude me from the forum contest.
    GL everyone

20. chantweaver

chantweaver Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Man I missed the Facebook one by about 3 sec. O well maybe I will get this one. Please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.