1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Role-Playing Rules

Discussion in 'Free Online RPG' started by AnimePhreak, Feb 18, 2013.

1. AnimePhreak

AnimePhreak 唯一無二の暴君 Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    You know how all RP should have rules because having none will cause many catastrophes. What I hate the most is when players think they can do absolutely everything. NO, we do not want that because getting to do everything makes the game boring. Don't you agree?

Rule(s):
    #1 Staying Active: We want to keep the story active and running so others can enjoy it. You don't need to constantly post to keep the story because we want others to be able to participate while still understanding the story. (In other words we don't need spamming because people do have lives outside the RP world.)

#2 Staying Active 2: If you are inactive on the story for more than 5 days someone from that story will inform you that if you do not post in the next 2 days you will either be replaced or removed from the story. (Tough luck we don't want people who can't commit. You can also inform someone if you know that you can't commit and we will be sad to see you gone but we'll do whatever you want.)

#3 Posting Content: Grammar and Punctuality would extremely benefit the readers and the group itself. It also makes the story a whole lot neater. :) Try to keep explicit or inappropriate texts to a minimum because little kids could be reading this and we do not want them to be influenced by us. ( We could get reported by parents and we do not want that.)

#4 Long or Short Term Absence: Please inform the group that you might be gone for a few days or weeks. Sometimes people need a break from RP too. Some people need to study for exams, Holidays with family and/or friends, Business, etc.

#5 Stay Friendly: Your character might have a bad personality so please refrain from insulting others. If you know you took it too far send them an apology and get on with the story.

#6 OOC Drama (Out of Character): We must avoid this at all cost. Try your best to stay IC (In Character). Respecting everyone would help avoid this problem. Even if you hate them still show respect. We don't want to start a problem and ruin the story. If someone is being rude to you ask them politely to stop. Don't encourage them by getting angry or being provoked. If they still insist on doing it. PM one of the admins that you want to stop it. Ignore them if you want. They'll most likely receive a warning or worse get perma ban. If they somehow (highly doubt it) continue to harass you find somewhere else to be for the time being. We will do our best to get rid of these mongrels. :)

7# Length of your posts: Try to limit it to a paragraph or two consisting of 3-5 sentences if possible because we don't just want your post to be on the entire page. :)

8# Stories: If you have your own story feel free to show it to me or anyone else most likely they'll approve of it and we might be able to use it as one of our own. :)

*If you disagree with any of these feel free to leave. If you think I missed an important role feel free to PM me and I'll add or change it.
    *If you have any other issues feel free to chat to the group or me about it. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2013
  2. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    This will be a part of forum games and the forum gamer award now:).

3. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I will try to play more RPs!

4. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Can we make new RP games?

5. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Yes, you can. Since none of the currently open rps are active though if you found any of them interesting reviving those would be better.

6. Webber

Credit:
    What about making new RPs that stay more active?

7. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    There's nothing wrong with that either. Just mentioning to consider the current ones before you decide you can't participate in that scenario and would do much better in a different one.

8. Webber

Credit:
    I will help Quinn make a game :D.

9. MMOWiz

MMOWiz Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    what games will you make?

10. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Going to reactivate this or at least try to:).

11. MMOWiz

MMOWiz Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    will there be a medal this time?