1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

RuneScape Tips

Discussion in 'RuneScape' started by ogreman, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
  2. Chazpar

Chazpar MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular

Credit:
    A useful site: tip.it . It's the best site . It tells u everything about runescape.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2010
  3. Chazpar

Chazpar MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Easy money in bounty hunter or pvp

You'll just have to take 26k risk (if ur pking in f2p) or 76k risk (if ur pking in p2p) to pvp or bounty hunter world and get your self a partner who has also carring risk.

To do 26k (76k) trick you need to:

1) Get ep (Drop Potential) . To get ep you'll need to stay in hot spot for 30 minutes and risking at least 26k (76k) . !!The "loot" depends on your height of ep!!

2) Get yourself a 26(76k) trick partner who you can trust.

3) Kill you partner in a hot spot while he has got 26k (76k) (you need to risk at least 26k (76k) too.

4) Collect your loot and sell it . x)

4. Drama

Credit:
    technically not "everything". Runescape wikia has everything logged on the runescape site in an easier to search format vs Runescape's knowledge base. :)

5. Invokeclaw

Invokeclaw MMORPGer

Credit:
    ya... i tend to stick with sals realm maily because all the people who post are rlly high leveled players or players who were high leveled. his guides are rlly aweseome and for newbies who arent rlly used to rnescapoe id recommend going on sals realm and looking at some of the guides.

6. Drama

Credit:
    I used to use the "old zybez" more than the new zybez.

7. Sail338

Sail338 DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    Sal REleam is old..
    So I use runescape wiki

8. Invokeclaw

Invokeclaw MMORPGer

Credit:
    i dont rlly care but i trust ppl who have played runescape before more than the wiki

9. Double Negatives

Double Negatives Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    The wiki is pretty reliable, because its usually written by people who've played or still play runescape. You can also just look at runescapes own archives. They provide general information and whatnot.

10. Invokeclaw

Invokeclaw MMORPGer

Credit:
    ya but sals is a website MADE by people who play so i tend to use it more... its all a matter of opinion:D:)

11. Drama

Credit:
    wikia is made by people who play runescape and maintain it...

u can even see the proof of "recent activity"

theres like idk 200 edits a day >.>

12. champking5

champking5 Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Smithing steel bars is good money.

13. Drama

Credit:
    champking that isnt very descriptive

maybe you mean smelting

because smithing steel bars is expensive.

14. Invokeclaw

Invokeclaw MMORPGer

Credit:
    i make money in a pretty easy way... u get ur dungeoneering to 20 and go to the edgeville'varrock hillies dungeon. limpwurt roots respawn in all 4 corners.. just keep collectin them:)

15. rileyandersonvv44

rileyandersonvv44 Banned

Credit:
  16. Agamoka

Agamoka BamBam

Credit:
    Wow, nice guides!

17. dudeth

dudeth BamBam

Credit:
    Low lvl Runescape money making tips

some good ways to make money for f2p players are

for newbies just go kill chickens and take their feathers which are priced 10 gold on the grand exchange. this is easy money and can give you some experience,.

if you have 30-50 combat kill hill giants in the edgevill dungeons. they drop big bones (650 gp each on the ge and sells fast)every single time and sometimes limpurt roots (950 gp on ge and also sells fast) law runes and nature runes (2-4 of them). you can get all this and a bunch of exp. the best way is to use ranged or mage since there are many safe spots there. you need a bronze key which you can get in the grand exchange.

if you have 80-100 combat then go to the stronghold of safety (in the barbarian village) go all the way to the bottom and get all the free stuff and kill the ankous down there who drop very pricey things.

and finally if you have 100-120 combat then kill demons in the volcano in karamja or in high level wilderness. it is best to kill them using magic since they supposedly have low magic defense and there are some safe spots.

some ways are

kill chickens for their feathers which sell for 10 gp on the ge and they stack.
    downs-slow to do since they dont drop every time 1 out of three times about
    ups-is very easy to do and can level up your combat lvl

once you have a fair ammount of money use it all on a knife and chocolate bars. use the knife on the chocolate bars to make chocolate dust which sells very quickly.
    downs-may take some time and gets boring
    ups-very easy and you dont need to run around

once you do the runes mystery quest (very easy) go to varrock and then to aubury with a pickaxe wielded. tell him to teleport you to the mine and mine until you get a full bag and teleport back and run to the bank right above you and bank. once you have at least 500 or more go to the grand exchange and sell. or you could do air running.
    downs-you have to run a lot
    ups-you don't have to be at the computer when mining. very easy money

For newbies kill chickens they drop feathers which are worth 10gp on the grand exchange and are stackable.

If you are lvl 30-50 go to the edgevill dungeon to kill hill giants. They drop big bones every time which are worth 600 gp on the grand exchange and sometimes limpwurt roots which are worth 900 gp and also sometimes drop law or nature runes 2-4 at a time.you need a brass key which you can get at the grand exchange.

If you have 80-100 combat lvl go to the stronghold of security at the last lvl and go kill the Ankou which drop some very valuable items which you can sell at the grand exchange.

If you have a combat lvl of 100 or more then go to karamja dungeon and kill the demons there. Or you can go to very high lvl wilderness. It is recommended to Mage them since they supposedly don't have good magic defense and there are a few safe spots in the karamja dungeon/volcano

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2010
  18. zacker150

zacker150 DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    loaction of grand exchange

i have just noticed this but a lot of people don't know where the grand exchange is:eek: IT IS RIGHT NEXT TO VAROCK

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2010
  19. Drama

Credit:
    MM yes...there seems to be a problem with this. Jagex should include this in the introduction to the game i think but w/e...

20. finn

finn BamBam

Credit:
    Green Dragons

If your combat level is somewhere from 75 and up I have a medium fast way of making money. This only works as a member. Go to Edgeville with food (lobbs or better) and an anti- dragonfire shield. Go to the watchtower like thing in the north west corner of Edgeville. Hop the wildy ditch and run north while going west little-by-little until you are around a big gradually sloping pit with dragons in it at around level 12-14 wilderness. Kill dragons as long as possible while eating food when necessary and pick up both hid AND big bones. Believe it or not, big bones are worth nearly twice as much as green d-hides. WARNING: MOST LEVELS ARE PRONE TO BEING ATTACKED BY CERTAIN TYPES OF REVENANTS. IF YOU ARE ATTACKED BY A REVENANT RUN UNLESS YOU KNOW YOU WILL PROBABLY WIN BECAUSE REVENANTS ARE VERY POWERFUL, EVEN LOWER LEVELED ONES. IF YOU ARE AT LEAST AROUND TEN LEVELS ABOVE OR BELOW A REVENANT IT SHOULDN'T ATTACK YOU. When you are done whether your inventory is full or not, run back to Edgeville or teleport. If you have the required adgility level you can use the hole near the wall of the G.E. to the east or you can go to the G.E. your way, it doesn't matter. Anyways sell them in G.E. for lowest price and bones and hides should all sell immediately most of the time. If you had a full inventory of 12 hides and 12 bones and you sell them for lowest price you should get around 60-80k(60,000 to 80,000 per trip) per trip. Each trip usually takes my level 91 about 10-25 minutes all the way around.

Sorry for the length but I hope this helps you out!:jester: