1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Rusty hearts becomes perfect world entertainment's most popular closed beta launch

Discussion in 'Game News' started by GameOgreVideos, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GameOgreVideos

GameOgreVideos Game Ogre YouTube Channel GameOgre Developer

Credit:
    Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Perfect World Co., Ltd. (NASDAQ: PWRD), today announced that it has successfully launched closed beta testing for Rusty Hearts , its highly anticipated hack and slash MORPG based on cel-shaded graphics, fast paced combo attacks and dungeon exploration. With thousands of new registrations on launch day itself, Rusty Hearts gives Perfect World Entertainment its largest day one closed beta turnout to date.

"Within a few hours after launch, our servers reached max capacity and we had to scale up the servers in order to accommodate the flood of players," said Mark Hill, Game Producer for Rusty Hearts. "It was an exciting day to see the overwhelming response of players dedicated to Rusty Hearts. Now, we will strongly take into consideration player feedback to ensure that the game is fully ready for its wide release."

During the closed beta period, players will be immediately ushered into an epic battle against an army of vampires and monsters. Players will also get to explore content up to level twenty, immerse themselves in two of the game world hubs, raid dungeons in parties of up to four players, and collect over 3,500 rare items and unique loot from hundreds of quests. Once players progress their favorite character to level ten, they are free to engage in five epic PvP modes.

To celebrate the launch of closed beta, all players that log into Rusty Hearts any time before August 3 will automatically be entered into a giveaway to win one of two Astro A40 headsets and backpacks, customized exclusively for Rusty Hearts.

For more details on the giveaway or more information on Rusty Hearts, visit the official website at Rusty Hearts - Free Multiplayer Hack 'n' Slash

Players without a closed beta key can now automatically participate in closed beta by registering for a beta key from http://rh.perfectworld.com/closedbeta/

2. Kytsune

Kytsune DA BIG CLUB Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I can totally see why. It's accessible in ways that traditional 3D-engine MMORPGs are not and presents itself with a highly casual gameplay that delivers an arcade-styling.

I hope people have enjoyed my first impressions article. I think it covers a lot of the reasons why this is going to continue to be popular. :)

3. GameOgreVideos

GameOgreVideos Game Ogre YouTube Channel GameOgre Developer

Credit:
    I noticed they said their largest day 1 closed beta to date. Im guessing FW would have been the largest but they only let in small chunks of people in stages. So the cb was staggered instead of everyone being able to enter on opening day.

4. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I haven't been able to really get into it yet, but from the tutorial it seems pretty cool defiantly different than the typical mmo, reminds me a lot of Sword of the New World in some ways.

Yeah it's kinda odd for them to make this claim as I'm pretty sure at least most of the other games had tiered entry to closed beta like Forsaken World but good for them, glad it's popular.

5. Supernatural

Supernatural LiveStreamer Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    It's really hard to be unique on today's market, and that's why Rusty Hearts really stands out. There are very few games that aren't "copies" of some previous popular games and that are actually fun and interesting to play. This game really feels fresh and I think we haven't saw it's full potential yet.
    I bet the player-base will be doubled in open beta :)

6. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Defiantly, it's getting boring seeing the same old thing rehashed over and over.

7. Kytsune

Kytsune DA BIG CLUB Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    MMO innovation is rare, so when it crops up in the market, people flock to it to see if they will enjoy it or not. Personally, I've been pleasantly surprised by the Castlevania meets Devil May Cry atmosphere built by Rusty Hearts.

All the game needs is a stronger party-finder mechanism and it'll be a perfect semi-casual game for people to leap into, beat up monsters arcade-style, and make friends.

Rusty Hearts has a huge niche that it can grow into and looking at their development expectations (and talking to the lead developer in the interview) I can tell they know what they have their hands on and they intend to make it the best product they can. :)

8. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Impressive. I thought Perfect World or Forsaken World would be more popular.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.