1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Should Obsidian have more crafting recipes?

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Snowy, May 9, 2021.

1. One of the hardest materials to mine, obsidian only has three crafting recipes (Beacon, Enchanting Table, and Ender Chest).

What kind of new crafting recipes would you like to see out of Obsidian?

---

I think Obsidian armor (which has been a popular idea in the Minecraft community for a very long time) is a bit ridiculous of an idea, especially since Netherite armor is the latest armor in the game.

But some ideas that wouldn't be so ridiculous would be Obsidian staircases or Obsidian slabs, since building a house out of Obsidian would become more plausible (I'm surprised they don't even exist in the game, after all these years).

But another thing that would be interesting is a new pressure plate type, like an Obsidian pressure plate that triggers when you place stacks of items on top of it, rather than a single item (like how a wooden pressure plate triggers). I feel like there could be so many things that Obsidian could be used for that just haven't been realized.