1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 15 posts. Once you have the 15 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Should There Be More DC-Exclusive Items for Main Events?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Snowy, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Snowy

Snowy Ogre King Royal Ogre
    1. AdventureQuest 3D Heroes

Credit:
    I've noticed a pattern in how the AQ3D team decides when to price items, and I've noticed more DC emphasis on seasonal events and less DC emphasis on main events like storyline events.

As far as I know, other than maybe some misc. items used for crafting, there's been very few DC-exclusive items (like armors, weapons, etc.) in main events. To name a few items, there's the "The Unholy Avenger" [not really a DC-exclusive since you can easily buy it with gold] and the Keystaff/Keysword weapons from the Bank.

I can see why they place more emphasis on seasonal events, since the items are only obtainable per season, whereas the main event items are permanently available, but at the same time, I feel like the AQ3D team is missing a huge marketing potential for each non-seasonal release they make. Since seasonal events only show up once in a while, players might not have much purpose in spending DCs after a seasonal event is over. In addition, I think it would be cool to see DC-exclusive items connected to each saga (e.g. an exclusive Ashfall set, an exclusive Darkovia set, etc.). It would add more uniqueness to the character while also pertaining to the theme of a saga, since you won't be dressing up similarly to free players.

What do you think about DC-exclusive items for main events?

2. codelance

codelance Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    If these DC items in shops will be permanent just like the events they came in then it wont be really looked at cause theyre not that hard to obtain, people would probably use the rare drops instead. An example would be the DC items in Cysero's Shop, that avenger thingy, we do not see people holdin that thing.
    DC items sell better on seasonal events because it goes unavailable for the rest of the year, but if they sit there 24/7/365 i doubt anyone will bat an eye. Maybe it will for the first 2 weeks, but thats the same as the craftables and drops.

CanineAQ3D likes this.
  3. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Im pretty contented on how they manage their DC exclusive items right now.

4. a

a Ogre Extraordinaire Royal Ogre

Credit:
    DC items should be beautiful. pirate armors are beautiful, but the trollukstien armor from the mogloween collection and the frostval armor from frostval collection are not beautiful. it looks so ordinary

5. Rueness

Rueness Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Well it is true that we need more DC items in new events. Its a good way for AE to make extra bucks for their effort in each update. A suggestion would be a similar weapon with a slightly lower attack than Fireblade can be bought thru DC, and if you a free player u gotta farm for the free counterpart. Doesnt make it P2W cause both cn have decent attack eitherway. Or maybe a part of a full set can either be dropped through boss or bought thru DC.

6. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    4.9k per collection is not bad at all but btw how much is 10kAC in $? when it comes to aqw?

7. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    The price of the packages are pretty reasonable

CanineAQ3D likes this.
  8. Nekro

Nekro Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    Id like a combination of quest, craft and dc for some items. Trow in the ranks system and ill farm 24/7

9. Straw

Straw Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Well not bad on having a DC-Exclusive Item on each saga as long as not an over powered stat item.

10. codelance

codelance Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    The team definitely dont want the game to be P2W, so Stat-ed items will be craftable/drops, most often DCs will be cosmetics.

11. BlackShirt

BlackShirt Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    I hope not. It will just be like a pay to win game

12. Rueness

Credit:
    Developers spend months desiging and coding stuff in the game yet you just want it all be given for free. This aint charity boy.
    If they dont get paid noone will make these stuff and you dont get to play at all.
    Let the people who wanna get added stuff pay for em, if you dont wanna pay thats cool too, you get the free stuff, take it and go. Show me a monster that a player cant kill just cause a player didnt pay then your argument would hold some merit to it.

CanineAQ3D and Nekro like this.
  13. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i think people alot of the time get motivated to buy dcs when it has a badge, otherwise items like the torch and raven wings are rarer but still it's nice to have really great main outfit material for dcs random like player suggestions or dev ideas if it supports the game. just ae would probably focus on one theme and put those in collections for more player rush and always-existent showing-their-support-rights on char page so players don't have to worry that if they decide to change the dc item from their main outfit, their support won't be shown

Nekro likes this.
  14. BlackShirt

BlackShirt Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    what I'm trying to say is, I hope everything can be given free but extremely hard to get especially those expensive ones.

15. Gamma001

Gamma001 DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Maybe when pets are added, there could be exclusive pets for DCs?

16. Snowy

Snowy Ogre King Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Well they did recently add a DC-exclusive transformation for the new World Tree area, but that's only one item. I feel like they're taking the right approach, just not pushing it enough in terms on quantity. I'm sure DC-only pets will be a thing, when pets get released.

17. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    I think they could do with more actually ... that said, I'm not really unhappy with the current practice with regard to DC items

18. Rueness

Credit:
    why is that?

19. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    1. More DC items so that the players get more variety
    2. More DC items so that AE gets more income, which in turn increases the sustainability of the game
    3. While the above is true, I think the current practice also serves the above, since more items also means more development costs ... so if they have the balance right, I'm ok with it ... but if the numbers suggest that they can increase income, I'm all for that too ...

:D

20. Sabugo

Sabugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I agree with you