1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Should There Be More DC-Exclusive Items for Main Events?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Snowy, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Well ... they really need to focus on game mechanics more to make it worth the money :\

2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Minecraft Group

Credit:
    The Avenger weapon isn't as special mostly because there's a gold alternative, and it's more of an Intro item. I'm speaking about DC-only items, no gold alternatives, and that these DC-only items will be for looks, and maybe stats for some. There are some for main releases, but a lot of them seem to be transformations anywhere between 1,900 DCs to 4,500 DCs rather than regular items like weapons, helms, armors, etc. within the reasonable DC price range for players.

3. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I wouldn't mind having more DC exclusives for main events, but it really depends on the availability of them.

4. Gamma001

Gamma001 Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Has anyone noticed that in Greenguard and Doomwood, you can use DCs to buy weapons but in many new areas (like the daily boss fights and in Ashfall), you can't do that. I wonder why they haven't been using that system as much? Are they trying to be more F2P?

5. Snowy

1. Minecraft Group

Credit:
    It feels like it. I mean AE shouldn't be afraid to add more DC content. Every time, it feels like they're only focusing on DC-exclusiveness on certain items like collection items that are purely cosmetic. I'd like to see more DC shortcuts for regular farming items and for items with stats to be honest. Sure, people will complain about the items being pay2win, but people will complain no matter what. Is pay2win honestly that bad? Maybe in excessive amounts, but a bit of pay2win never hurts. It's really more about balance.

6. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I prefer the game being F2P play friendly and AE has done progress towards it like a bank vault obtainable trough questing and getting a travel form by doing dailies. There isn't really any P2W to speak of when keys were removed. Only thing that could be considered P2W is buying travel forms with DCs, but they are not required to progress.

7. Snowy

1. Minecraft Group

Credit:
    Even then, I don't see the point in many players arguing about a game having paid stuff whether it's cosmetic, advantageous/time-saving, pay2win, extra content, or whatever. If the game does have those stuff, then it just does; they don't have to purchase it if they don't want to. It's only a problem if it affects other players' gameplay in a major way (like PvP). (I could argue about players using forms to grief in certain areas to affect other players' gameplay, but there are temporary forms and a permanent parrot form for free players now). Like I don't mind if DC items had stats instead of being cosmetic, because as far as I've heard, PvP may have its own gear. I like to think players are more diverse than most players would assume (and enjoy being diverse), and that there are players who would love to spend DCs on various stuff because they don't have time to do stuff in-game or because of other stuff. For instance, players could outright purchase DragonSlayer and Pirate class for DCs proportionate to how many class tokens they're missing if they don't have the time to do daily quests everyday. A game should be diverse and accept that there are free-players and pay-players.

8. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    People are going to argue and there's nothing that can be done about that. Gearing isn't that tiresome and you don't need the most optimal gear to play. I can say much about PvP because AE hasn't really said that much about it. PvP exclusive gear just for PvP? I can't say how that would work out because we don't even have a testable PvP system yet. You don't need to play all the time to get geared up so i see DC gear redundant because it would take one of the most important parts of character progression, which is gearing.

9. Snowy

1. Minecraft Group

Credit:
    But for people who don't have time to farm for gear, having ways for players to pay for gear with DCs in some form can be a good thing. Even DC alternatives instead of DC exclusives wouldn't be bad. Like for Mogloween, after some number of days during the Mogloween release, the Gourd'thulu dungeon started slowing down, and players just didn't want to keep farming which discouraged dungeon farming. There's no DC alternative to buying all of the farm-only pumpkin sets like there is with the witch sets, and I'm sure people would love to see more alternatives (e.g. DC-purchasable craft materials, daily quests, etc.).

10. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Buying gear with DCs encourages against farming which goes against what MMORPGs stand for, there's no work put in game to get that gear besides just throwing real cash to the monitor. AE should have daily seasonal quests to encourage farming so people wouldn't get discouraged to do it. You can already spend DCs to get crafting materials from Myx to craft those pumpkin sets what i am aware.

11. Snowy

1. Minecraft Group

Credit:
    But the lack of alternative ways of obtaining items takes away diversity, which is a critical piece of MMORPGs... diverse gameplay, diverse ways to dress up, etc. And I guess there are craft alternatives for the Pumpkin sets for the Pumpkin Seeds and Intact Pumpkin, but the shop does seem to be broken.

12. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Taking one way to obtain gear is not the end of world. You can get gear by questing, crafting and from monsters. Just make quests and monsters drop more gear then so crafting won't the be the only way to get proper gear.

13. CuriousLeun

CuriousLeun Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Maybe i'd like to see 1 or 2 DC exclusive item in each craft shop.

But honestly, i'd prefer if everything was farmable. ahahaha

14. Azula

Azula Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    Personally, they have too many DC items in main events. I do agree with leun. I'd prefer if more things were farmable.

15. Kiryu96

Kiryu96 BamBam

Credit:
    Yes we need more items

16. Rock7111

Rock7111 Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    Id like to see a way to earn free dc even in small amounts

17. Goddess 17

Goddess 17 Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    It would be nice if they add Rare drop item in every event rather than more DC stuff

18. Sskarll

Sskarll MMORPGer New Ogre

Credit:
    I prefer the price of all package is reasonable. And is so usefull to everyone who get it

19. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    It's pretty good discount if you buy the whole collection compared to buying each individual item.