1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Similar to EverQuest 2

Discussion in 'MMO Requests' started by Hiijinx, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hiijinx

Hiijinx Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Hey guys,

I am looking for my next fun MMO but am having trouble finding one that really appeals to me.

My first, and only real MMO has been EQ2 but dislike how Sony have evolved the game - I miss the early levels where alien looking void beasts and funky bladed robots did not roam. When they removed the starting isle it really saddened me. I also find it very difficult to get into again after taking a break (EoF to TsO) all t he stats had changed and have not been able to get to my previous standard due to stat/item dependency from raids.

I am not necessarily interested in the best end game raiding games as I prefer to group/duo in my own time.

I must admit I am very picky in the sense I seem to compare everything to EQ2 which really dampens my enjoyment of new games so any advice on how to look at a game without thinking of the nostalgia of your last MMO would be very helpful :).

I especially liked EQ2 when you picked an arch type class and did not progress it further until level 20 when you could choose your final sub type.

To sum it up for quicker and more eye friendly reading, I will list what I ideally would like to find in a new MMO:

- Good quality graphics with enthralling environments which are begging to be explored

- Good choice of Characters / Classes

- A range of Spells and Abilities - no button mashing games please :)

- Easy to get into without being too overwhelmed

- Usually play a Sorcerer/Warlock type Class

- A game that isn't going to leave you in its dust if you take a break for a few months (Falls in "Easy to get into")

- No Aliens,void beast monstrosities, light sabres or guns!

I do not mind mature themed games nor paying for a monthly subscription although free to play is always good!

Thanks in advance,

Termy

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2012
  2. MagnusLensherr

MagnusLensherr Big Brute

Credit:
  3. GameOgreVideos

GameOgreVideos Game Ogre YouTube Channel GameOgre Developer

Credit:
    I would recommend DDO (Dungeons and Dragons Online) Pretty much meets all of what your looking for and personally I think its one of the best MMOs out there.

4. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Rift is a good choice if you want a solid MMO with public questing.

5. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Don't forget Lord of the Rings Online! It is the best fantasy MMORPG if you like music.

6. Mordekaiser

Mordekaiser Dealer of Death Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I agree with joker Lord of The Rings Online or Dungeons And Dragons are both very good

7. PolanWalker

PolanWalker Ogre Hall of Fame The Pit

Credit:
    Of coure World of Warcraft :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.