1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Softer Reset?

Discussion in 'Ogre Wars' started by ogreman, Nov 16, 2014.

What Type of Reset Should Ogre Wars Have?

1. Soft, where just the teams change to make them even.

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Soft, where just a few of the best get slightly better starts.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Soft, where all active players from the previous season start a little better.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Hard, where all players start the same as normal on equal teams.

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  5. Hard, everybody starts at zero and teams are balanced based on numbers alone.

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Who would be up for a softer reset of the season? Stats can be adjusted and teams can be changed, but would like to avoid the full reset for the next season. Heck, might can use this season to help a little for this season:). Thus, the people who spent time on it can be rewarded a little instead of others not competing. That would actually give more meaning to each season:).

We have never considered doing that

2. ufbre

ufbre World of Tanks Fan Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I am up for a softer reset

3. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    It would be nice to start from beginning, some ppl are to strong now :)

4. Thedarkboy

Thedarkboy Anime Geek Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    The problem with a soft reset is that people who didn't play the previous season is at disadvantage from the beginning. People who'd like to start playing for a whole season (example: newer members), would have lower stats than the other players. It should still be possible to catch up though, depending on how often the person plays and the cooperation with the other members of the nation.

With that said, I'm neither against or for a soft reset. Any would be fine.

5. Natdanai

Natdanai Ogre Master Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    maybe reset everything but gets titel for ogre wars or something instead?
    also event/tournament for ogre war for points or something so people needs to attack each other alots rather than getting max cap and build buy armor/weapons
    so they need to save turn for right moments , losing troops etc?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2014
  6. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    Totally agree, i was PWNed so hard recently, i would like chance to deff myself

7. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    A soft reset would still knock down even the strong players and give a chance to new players. What it would do is reward the active ones a little because frankly they deserve it. Might have to get a format for it, but it would doable.

The purpose of a soft reset is to make the season transitions easier and more on a schedule like the 6 months. Plus, it could be used to build more engagement into the game:). Think it means less when everything gets set back to 0.

8. Natdanai

Credit:
    This is what i would like to have :

Daily quests to earn coins example
    : earn 100 000gold , destory 10 000troops , win 3 battles , succes spying etc

Add extra armor and weapon that is a little stronger than normal one in ogre shop for coins example :
    Ogre Rags power 20 cost 25gold and in ogre shop ''Upgraded Ogre Rags'' power 30 cost 5coins , Ogre Wall of Chaos power 1 800 000 cost 1 000 000g '' Upgraded Ogre Wall of Chaos'' power 4 000 000 cost 10 000coins

barracks traning instead of upgrade 12 level to reach 250% bonus change to like 30 levels and cost much more gold for each
    they have to spend turns for troops , attack , spying or gain gold and its harder and longer to get max level in both offence and defence bonus. Whlie this cost ton of load it mean if they saving for this they cant buy armor or weapon. 250% bonus is very strong in later game but you need to play lots and smart

when you attack or getting attacked the bonus of attack/defence is random from 25% of your def/atk to 150% this way they can lost tons of troops or acutally lost battle even if they have 500 000troops vs 200 000troops with little gap in strenght example
    if you have 1 000 000 defence and a guy who has 500 000 offence attacked you and you just got a little unlucky by 1 000 000*0,25 = 250 000defence and he got 500 000*1.5= 750 000power and destory you then he gets cocky and next attack he losing etc i have no idea how systems work when you lose troops

lower turn to 60/60 but refresh every 10mins instead of 15
    add events
    rewards for top 10 players for each nation every months example ogre coins , points or titel example
    Champion , Commander , Chief , Farmer , etc beside their name or villiage overview and it gives buff example + 1% offence and defence , gain +10% more golds etc
    titel can be taken every month if they inactive or someone took their place

they can use Ogre Coins for purhause thing in Ogre Wars , Triple Triad and other games also using points to buy Ogre Coins

The more they is active the stronger they get and rewards there also possible to catch up for new players if they active enough because of turns and new items from Ogre Coins

they cant throw real money to get beast mode or something its all about how much they play , how well and how long
    i dont know if this is possible or good or bad or if it have any issuses its just in my mind

this is more like big change than reset lol
    but i think its time to update Ogre War

more edit :

how about when player attack another player they steal gold from that player depend how much damage they dealt to them and recive x 1,5 that gold (the turn give same amount of gold as your total troops unless you got bonus from national like gold beast +40% gold but this you steal few gold from another player and recive bonus it could give you more gold than using turn or less depend on how much gold they have and how hard you win battle) and for succes attack gain x2 gold so its harder to save for stronger/expensive items and they need to use more spy rather than oh i am much stronger i can attack and win izi with the 25% to 150% bonus is kinda hardcore they have to becareful and yet they must attack or do something in the game
    it makes ogre war more opions to play

players will also hit/def more often with less than their actual power its way funnier to gamble acutally caculate and know the risk rather than know exactly your strenght and gurranted win battle it would be harder to reach cap troops and stay

also the national bonus should give like max + 20% in anything and then players can donate golds to villiage to buy extra bonus. They should use polls to decide what to buy in bonus offence , defence , bonus gold etc. And then Ogre man add it
    Example players donate golds to villiage and it cost 100 000 000golds to upgrade Offence bonus to level 2 so instead of + 40% offence for gold beast it gets + 41% and next upgrade to level 3 , 4 ,5 etc always cost the same and it only give +1% extra bonus

and this is why the bonus should lower , right now Gold Beast got +40% offence and +40% golds bonus

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
  9. Natdanai

Credit:
    This is what i would like to have :

Daily quests to earn coins example
    : earn 100 000gold , destory 10 000troops , win 3 battles , succes spying etc

Add extra armor and weapon that is a little stronger than normal one in ogre shop for coins example :
    Ogre Rags power 20 cost 25gold and in ogre shop ''Upgraded Ogre Rags'' power 30 cost 5coins , Ogre Wall of Chaos power 1 800 000 cost 1 000 000g '' Upgraded Ogre Wall of Chaos'' power 4 000 000 cost 10 000coins

barracks traning instead of upgrade 12 level to reach 250% bonus change to like 30 levels and cost much more gold for each
    they have to spend turns for troops , attack , spying or gain gold and its harder and longer to get max level in both offence and defence bonus. Whlie this cost ton of load it mean if they saving for this they cant buy armor or weapon. 250% bonus is very strong in later game but you need to play lots and smart

when you attack or getting attacked the bonus of attack/defence is random from 25% of your def/atk to 150% this way they can lost tons of troops or acutally lost battle even if they have 500 000troops vs 200 000troops with little gap in strenght example
    if you have 1 000 000 defence and a guy who has 500 000 offence attacked you and you just got a little unlucky by 1 000 000*0,25 = 250 000defence and he got 500 000*1.5= 750 000power and destory you then he gets cocky and next attack he losing etc i have no idea how systems work when you lose troops

lower turn to 60/60 but refresh every 10mins instead of 15
    add events
    rewards for top 10 players for each nation every months example ogre coins , points or titel example
    Champion , Commander , Chief , Farmer , etc beside their name or villiage overview and it gives buff example + 1% offence and defence , gain +10% more golds etc
    titel can be taken every month if they inactive or someone took their place

they can use Ogre Coins for purhause thing in Ogre Wars , Triple Triad and other games also using points to buy Ogre Coins

The more they is active the stronger they get and rewards there also possible to catch up for new players if they active enough because of turns and new items from Ogre Coins

they cant throw real money to get beast mode or something its all about how much they play , how well and how long
    i dont know if this is possible or good or bad or if it have any issuses its just in my mind

this is more like big change than reset lol
    but i think its time to update Ogre War

more edit :

how about when player attack another player they steal gold from that player depend how much damage they dealt to them and recive x 1,5 that gold (the turn give same amount of gold as your total troops unless you got bonus from national like gold beast +40% gold but this you steal few gold from another player and recive bonus it could give you more gold than using turn or less depend on how much gold they have and how hard you win battle) and for succes attack gain x2 gold so its harder to save for stronger/expensive items and they need to use more spy rather than oh i am much stronger i can attack and win izi with the 25% to 150% bonus is kinda hardcore they have to becareful and yet they must attack or do something in the game
    it makes ogre war more opions to play

players will also hit/def more often with less than their actual power its way funnier to gamble acutally caculate and know the risk rather than know exactly your strenght and gurranted win battle it would be harder to reach cap troops and stay

also the national bonus should give like max + 20% in anything and then players can donate golds to villiage to buy extra bonus. They should use polls to decide what to buy in bonus offence , defence , bonus gold etc. And then Ogre man add it
    Example players donate golds to villiage and it cost 100 000 000golds to upgrade Offence bonus to level 2 so instead of + 40% offence for gold beast it gets + 41% and next upgrade to level 3 , 4 ,5 etc always cost the same and it only give +1% extra bonus

and this is why the bonus should lower , right now Gold Beast got +40% offence and +40% golds bonus

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
  10. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    Idea is gr8. I rly like, titles, random att or deff (but numbers to be somehow adjusted that ppl with more stats have bigger chance to win, so ppl that are trying more dont have same chances to win then ppl who arent, and win only cause of luck). Upgrading items are awesome idea, however "Upgraded Ogre Wall of Chaos'' power 4 000 000 cost 10 000 coins, even it gives rly good stats it is rly expensive and ppl who are on forum longer will have much more chance to win cause they have more coins. This may lead to new ppl stop playing game or just try and leave.
    Ogre said that he wana new usage of ogre coins, and if this is possible, i say that his is mby best one

11. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    Idea is gr8. I rly like, titles, random att or deff (but numbers to be somehow adjusted that ppl with more stats have bigger chance to win, so ppl that are trying more dont have same chances to win then ppl who arent, and win only cause of luck). Upgrading items are awesome idea, however "Upgraded Ogre Wall of Chaos'' power 4 000 000 cost 10 000 coins, even it gives rly good stats it is rly expensive and ppl who are on forum longer will have much more chance to win cause they have more coins. This may lead to new ppl stop playing game or just try and leave.
    Ogre said that he wana new usage of ogre coins, and if this is possible, i say that his is mby best one

12. Natdanai

Credit:
    we also could start a poll to see how many players want to change ogre wars and if its possible to change etc

13. Natdanai

Credit:
    we also could start a poll to see how many players want to change ogre wars and if its possible to change etc

14. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Great posts, Natdanai and Branko. That is great to see:).

Will consider what you said. Yes, a poll sounds good. In fact, will add one now.

15. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Great posts, Natdanai and Branko. That is great to see:).

Will consider what you said. Yes, a poll sounds good. In fact, will add one now.

16. arZ

arZ Banned The Pit

Credit:
    I would like to have a HARD reset ...
    This was a season for testing ... the next one i know what to do, and how to do it :)

17. arZ

arZ Banned The Pit

Credit:
    I would like to have a HARD reset ...
    This was a season for testing ... the next one i know what to do, and how to do it :)

18. Garagos

Garagos Clubbed for Chat Rage

Credit:
    I also would love softver reset :)
    That will be probably inovolve more players to come and everyone will start from begining. Also there are a lot of ideas what we can improve in Ogre Wars. I think that Natdanai has great ideas. Daily quests or missions are good improvement.

19. Garagos

Garagos Clubbed for Chat Rage

Credit:
    I also would love softver reset :)
    That will be probably inovolve more players to come and everyone will start from begining. Also there are a lot of ideas what we can improve in Ogre Wars. I think that Natdanai has great ideas. Daily quests or missions are good improvement.

20. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    *Speaking purely on what the game is today, right now, no changes*

The problem is it's practically impossible to catch up in Ogre Wars, we all keep saying it's possible through cooperation but then every season someone gets on top and no one is ever able to catch them. Since the game has no way to actually lose strength you can only make up ground by generating more gold than them.

Realistically assuming they don't stop playing that is impossible as why would someone stronger than you purposely give up his/her advantage? Our excuse was always well the other people could attack and then this one person builds above ... but that doesn't work as it has a super limited window before the stronger person can just fight all of you on his/her own as we've seen many times.

It's just how it works, the game is flawed. A soft reset giving an advantage to active players this season sounds good in theory but it'll just handicap everyone else. It'd have to be a pretty small and equal advantage otherwise the season could easily be over before it started.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.