1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Some really good SAI paint tuts?

Discussion in 'Gamer Creations' started by Drama, Jun 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    Alright well...time from time I've tried to do lineart and stuff then coloring in but....I just can't get a good tutorial at all.

I need a normal speed or slightly faster speed tutorial that explains how to draw well what else, anime characters well.

I used to be able to do this but I don't remember how to anymore. The tools look like arabic to me and I would like to give it a try again. Shame I have no samples to show you of what I have made though.

If any of you guys have some good SAI paint tool tutorials that would be much appreciated! Otherwise, searching through the weird Youtube vids that aren't very helpful to me kinda is my only choice :s

2. Flunkie

Flunkie Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    Ahh I can help with that :D /uses SAI too. e v e
    But first, do you use a mouse or a tablet? :C

3. Drama

Credit:
    mouse. But any tutorial which will explain coloring, shading, highlighting into further detail should be good.

Atm I don't really remember/understand how people separate stuff into layers, select them to color and stuff and not screw up their line art and whatever. Some of them will look like they only use a few layers as well.

Current tutorials are generally speedpainting which show this being demonstrated.

4. Flunkie

Flunkie Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    Hmm okay lemme see o A o..

WARNING: All of the images are relatively big so it might take a while to load it all e v e
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Flash Coloring Tutorial- Very helpful and not too overwhelming on the eyes @ v @

SAI coloring tutorial..ish v.2 by *zearyu on deviantART
    Video Coloring Tutorial -Ocean's Paint Tool SAI Tutorial: Skin - YouTube

Shading tips -
    [​IMG]

Clipping -
    [​IMG]

Explanation of Clipping - Clipping is how most artists keep their coloring neat and organized. For example: One would make a layer (1) and color in the hair. Then create a second layer (2) and clip it to layer one. ((**note clipped layers must appear ABOVE the layer it's being clipped to, therefore, Layer (2) must be above layer (1)))*) Now in the second layer (2) You can shade easily within the borders of layer 1 since you have clipped it. However when you un-clip the colors can come out of the borders.

Explanation of Highlighting - Highlights and other glowing effects are usually made with a Luminosity layer. On the layer panel you can go to mode > Luminosity in order to achieve a glowing effect. This is covered in most of the coloring tutorials :D

For more tutorials and stuff just browse deviantart. e v e You can just type stuff like "SAI tutorial" or something and usually the most popular ones are the best c:

If you still don't understand something or can't a tutorial covering it. I'll try to make a simple one for you if I get the time. ;D

Hope this helped!

---
    All tutorials belong to their rightful owners.

5. Drama

Credit:
    Alright that works for now. One of em looks pretty good that suits my needs. Ty Flunkie.

Others can always post some tuts if they want as well :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.