1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

StarCannon: now for iPhone and iPod

Discussion in 'Mobile Online Games' started by HmmOk, Apr 16, 2010.

1. HmmOk

HmmOk Big Brute

Credit:
    Thousands of you have played our classic action game Bouncedown on the iPhone, and we at Jagex have been stunned by the positive response. Huge thanks to everyone who's downloaded and rated the game. In response to all your great feedback, Mod Scottles has been preparing another surprise for you all.

Today, we're so proud to announce the release of our second iPhone game - this time, it's our arcade shooter StarCannon. And as a special 'thankyou!' to all Jagex fans, we're offering iPhone StarCannon half-price for this weekend only.

We wouldn't want you to miss out, so head to the Apple App Store now to download iPhone StarCannon for £0.59 ($0.99 or 0,79 €) - that's half the normal price of £1.19 ($1.99 or 1,59 €) - and get blasting through 5 brand new, iPhone-only levels.

We hope you enjoy playing iPhone StarCannon as much as we enjoyed making it, and we look forward to seeing all your App Store ratings and reviews. Who knows - if you love StarCannon as much as you loved Bouncedown, we may be able to conjure some more iPhone games for you in the future.

If you'd like to download StarCannon from the App Store, please click here.

Mod Gabriel
    Content Editor

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Moved to Ogre Breakfast.

3. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Got the chance to ask the Dev of this game some questions, he also did Bouncedown for the iPhone:

Was it a challenge moving the games to the iPhone?

Mod Scottles: Yeah I think moving to any new platform is always a challenge, even more so when moving to a mobile platform. It's been a fun challenge though. I think the main hurdles have been trying to work out the best way of taking gameplay from the PC screen to a smaller screen. Hopefully we've managed to do it in way though that you guys get a fully immersive experience.

Any plans to bring the games to other Mobile Platforms?

Mod Scottles: Yeah we're looking into the possibilty of other mobile platforms but as of yet there are no firm plans in place.

Android was mentioned a couple times as one they are looking into in replies to others.

Other facts that came out are:
    • The iPhone versions are programed in Objective C because the iPhone doesn't support Java
    • More games are coming soon
    • They are looking into iPad support

4. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Under a buck is a good price for a mobile game. I want it if I buy an iPhone:D

5. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I've heard about this game ages ago, but never decided to play it since the $0.99 price tag on the mobile game just didn't entice me enough. I think it would have been a fun shoot 'em up though, but there were already other great games out there in 2010 and 2011.