1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

State of Hearthstone

Discussion in 'Trading Card Games' started by Aaddron, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    How are you all liking Hearthstone these days? Anything change to make you more interested or less interested? Anyone stop playing completely? Anything you'd really want to see them do?

2. Aaddron

Credit:
    I'd have to say for me I've stopped completely at this point. I do like that they keep adding cards but I've found as they've added them it's become harder and harder to keep up. I really don't wanna have to look up a deck online to be able to compete but other than shear luck it's the only efficient way to deck build, it's arguably too expensive to just experiment. I think this shows with the changes they are making with "wild and standard game modes". This will restrict the card base to a limited selection that changes each year... it will make it a lot easier to keep up because it's a lot less cards to deal with.

This change also has the effect of less diversity and who knows which will be the more popular mode... which could make or break this. I mean it'd suck to unlock all them cards and then no one actually plays "wild". Also because it's digital cards it's not like you can hold them and put them up in your collection, all these "extra" cards that are no longer usable in standard are practically nothing now... which really sucks.

One could also argue that keeping up with the "current set" will be harder than it is right now. This is because if you luck out and get some good cards in Set B. then you might be able to use Set B. deck to compete even if you don't have anything in Set. C, D or E. However now Set B. gets taken away in a year so your forced to reinvest to hopefully get something good in Set C etc. Right?

I don't know, I just think the card base increased too quickly and now it's just too much work for someone like me to keep up. Honestly I just wish the Arena mode was free, I could play that all day regardless of new cards.

3. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Ive heard that every major tournament will be played on Standard mode, so wind mode wont be so popular.
    With standard mode, i guess that they want to make more different decks, with different cards. They just dont want cards like Dr. Boom to be part of every single deck.
    Game is one of most expensive that ive played. Daily quests give rly to low amount of gold, (in 70% of time, i get "40 gold" quest) . 700 gold per wing or solo adventure and 100 gold deck is also rly expensive. They even set limit on those 10 gold that u can get by winning 3 games (limit is 200 per day, i think)
    Basically they said "If u want to have good cards, u need to give lots of real money"
    Arena mode shouldn't be free, but 150 gold is worth only for 5+ wins, i would reduce price of deck to 50 and arena on 100 gold, that is kinda fair.

I will disenchant every card that i cant play on standard mode, that is only thing that am looking forward when new patch come.
    Atm am playing game only to collect 700 gold and unlock Stallag and Feugen, those 2 legedary cards will be good for making one that i actually need

4. Aaddron

Credit:
    They could remove the rewards and it'd still be the best mode in the game imo haha. I know it's impossible for a number of reasons which is a shame because it's so good.

That's the sad part too, I mean it's totally great to get something for them cards for sure but on the collectors side and people who put any real money put into buy cards just goes out the window. They basically instantly become worthless. I definitely would not buy card packs anymore aside from probably basic packs since they don't expire.

5. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    Mby to make new arena mode to be like u said, just for fun no rewards :)

I agree with you, ppl who spent lots of money will be angry for sure, its like u purchased card for limited time, i hate that part.

I just want 1 good deck so i can have fun with it on ranked games, and for tournaments here, that all.
    I had 900 gold, but i purchased decks, and ofc got almost nothing, only 1 epic, that i wont use

6. Cybat

Cybat Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    i thought that the new expansion was actually gonna be another solo adventure and when i realised that i was wrong i was disappointed really hard... seems like blizzards wants our money so bad :( its literally become a pay to win game now, i mean it always was but its getting stronger and stronger... FeelsBadMan

7. Aaddron

Credit:
    This totally. I wish it wasn't as expensive as it is. Finally get one and it might be broken in the next patch/card set... repeat process :/

I like the solo adventures but I'd have to say so far they've been priced too high for what they are but also wish more of them existed because they are quite fun, especially when they get creative with them.

Cybat likes this.
  8. Cybat

Cybat Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    they are fun and u dont need RnG to get good cards to keep up with the meta

Aaddron likes this.
  9. Croco12

Croco12 The Crocodile The Pit
    1. TSM

Credit:
    I stopped playing completely. I feel like it is very unfair and I kind of dislike it now. There are a lot of P2W players, imo.

10. brankomiljus20

Credit:
    I disagree, for me, P2W game would be ability to buy specific rly strong card only with real money, and u cant buy it with in game gold, so u have advantage over ppl that u play.
    Here, u can make for free same deck as some1 who spent 200$ on it, and be on same power lvl, only u need more time and luck