1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Strategic online games with chat

Discussion in 'MMO Requests' started by Loranor, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Loranor

Loranor Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Hello everybody,

I would like to know your opinion about online games like WoW, D&D or Shadowland that have chats to talk with other players. English is not my mother tongue, so I thought that maybe these games allow me to improve my english skills.

Are these chats really used? Do you know any game like these in which chats are useful for my purpose?

If it is possible I would like to avoid games like Habbo or Sims.

Thank you very much!

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    They can, also forums and online communities are a good option ;) Not sure about "strategic" games though, anything that requires communication to succeed likely also won't have the patience for "I don't understand" and explaining what they are saying. They also tend to be focused on the task at hand rather than chit chat so dunno how varied the conversations would be. I'd recommend going for more of what your examples are, MMORPGs like WoW. Guild Wars 2 is known for having a pretty good community. Most MMOs should work though. Join a active guild for the best results, a good active guild will usually have people talking all the time.

3. Deku1

Deku1 Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    i m agree with aaddron :)

4. Aerobous

Aerobous Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Hi there...You found what you looking for ? if not would you like to try this game > Idle Poring you will not bored in this game .. Lively Chat ! All people are friendly they have any servers for example ... youre from the PH you can search ur server there if you want .

5. Sabugo

Sabugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Well the chat in the main activity for players interactions, this way you can make some friends and type in-game commands.

6. Raffiel

Raffiel Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Evony and Travian are my top recommendations for MMO Strategy with chat. However, since your examples are based on MMORPGs if you're looking for something similar with chat, I recommend AQ3D atm. it's free to play and has a very friendly and talkative community.