1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Taking Your Ball and Going Home

Discussion in 'Ogres Hall' started by ogreman, Dec 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Ok, not going to spend a lot of time on this issue since it is mostly negative. Been avoiding this type of thread for some time for that very reason, but we had an incident today that we can hopefully avoid going through it again:).

Anybody who gets in their head to leave completely for any (real or imagined) reason is about the same as taking their time here and just flushing it down the toilet. All the points and awards etc just get clubbed into oblivion. That's it. Any type of drama like giving away points etc will be clubbed as well. Not fun for you or us the community. In other words, there is no reasonable way to do it.

Furthermore, trying to cash out and then leave will be the thwarted as well. That is what happened today. It is the first time somebody has tried to buy all the Steam games they could and then leave. Luckily, I had an idea what was going on and did not send all of them. Now, we have a rule to wait a week before trying to get a second Steam Game. That is the silver lining of today:). Something negative actually produced something positive for the future. We may even add more Steam games with that now established:).

Basically what happened today was a case of somebody getting into their head that a mod was disrespecting them and then they would not listen to anything from myself or even the mod. What was worse was the timing because the member had just placed second in the Big Event and was going to be named a Royal in a few days. I tried to talk him out of it and spent a good portion of today on it. Of course, he only stated he would be leaving after I told him that would only send one game right now. Then he stated it again after trying to convince him of how it was not real and would be a shame to leave or something like that. His mind was simply made up before I said anything so I just went ahead and clubbed him after the second PM. He had wasted enough of my time and didnt look like he would change his mind anyway lol.

The moral of this story, is to feel free to come to me BEFORE you do anything rash like that:). I am open to talking to a member and try to resolve any problems that may arise. For example, if there was someone really disrespecting him, I would have talked to whoever was responsible and dealt with it. Over the years, I have been able to communicate with most members and avoid stuff like this. There is really no excuse for leaving that way, which is exactly why everything gets knocked into oblivion as a result. Now he has nothing here and can not return simply because he had to imagine a mod was trying to hurt him and leave just before becoming a Royal Ogre (which he had rightfully earned and even knew about). Hopefully, this thread will help prevent this from happening again:).

Edit (The Next Day):

After taking a step back and looking at everything, I have come to the conclusion that not only makes sense, but also clears up any "mystery". The mods had nothing to do with this other than to give him an excuse. Think the real reason is that he wanted to take as much as he could after the Big Event and simply leave. This explains the Steam games and why he would not listen to reason. His mind was already made up and he was trying to cover it by blaming a mod. Anyway, that brings this matter to a close thankfully lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.