1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Tera 3D - [MMORPG] One of Most Played Games!

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by xHamsteRForgeT, Nov 24, 2015.

1. xHamsteRForgeT

xHamsteRForgeT BamBam

Credit:
    Tera 3D MMO-RPG Video Game

TERA: Fate of Arun is a 3D fantasy themed massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed by Bluehole Studio. The game was released in South Korea on January 25, 2011, in Japan on August 18, 2011, in North America on May 1, 2012, and in Europe on May 3, 2012, with closed and open beta testings taking place before the launch dates. NHN Corporation, NHN Japan Corporation, En Masse Entertainment and Frogster Interactive Pictures publishes the game in these regions, respectively. In February 2013 the game was renamed to TERA: Rising concurrently with the game's launch to the free-to-playmodel.

TERA has typical MMORPG features such as questing, crafting, and player versus player action. The game's combat uses a real-time battle system that incorporates third-person camera view. The player targets an enemy with a cross-hair cursor rather than clicking or tabbing an individual opponent (which is called the "Non-Target battle system" by the developer). The Players need to actively dodge enemy attacks. A keyboard and mouse or a control pad can be used to control the character.

The developers collaborated with CCP Games and their successful use of "PLEX" for Eve Online as a way of deterring gold farmers. As a result, TERA released a currency called "Chronoscrolls" that works similarly, as it allows game time to be purchased with real money and sold for in-game gold. The use of Chronoscrolls is only available to users who have purchased the game either digitally or physically. Those with the "Discovery Edition" cannot use Chronoscrolls.

In February 2013, Tera in North America and Europe transitioned to "Tera Rising", which changed the subscription model to a "
    freemium" design (free play plus purchasable premium status and customization options). The developer has promised no time, level, or content restrictions for free players after this update. Players who purchase a 30-day "Elite" status will receive increased dungeon rewards, in-game discounts and other metagame advantages.

Game Scores: Eurogamer: 8/10, G4: 4/5, Game Spot: 7.5/10, IGN: 6.5/10!

You can Download Tera on Steam: << Free To Play >>
    Offical Tera Web Page: << http://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/index >>
    Source from: << https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TERA_(video_game) >>
    Image from: << http://solidstatenetworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/tera-online.jpg >>

[​IMG]

2. Guts

Guts DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    One of the best combat systems in MMORPGs out there atm imo. Still trying to find a class that fits me tho im bad :0

3. Croco12

Croco12 The Crocodile The Pit
    1. TSM

Credit:
    Really nice review. I agree with Guts, combat in Tera is kinda different than in other games.

4. Arcus_N

Arcus_N Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I actually didn't played it, my friend did. He wasn't really pleased so I didn't tried it.

5. BottleOfRakija

BottleOfRakija MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I really like MMORPGs,like WoW and others,and this game made me donwlaod it as fast as i can :)