1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Testing changes to ranked inactivity notifications

Discussion in 'MOBA' started by Mikasa Ackerman, May 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikasa Ackerman

Mikasa Ackerman MMORPG Addict The Pit

Credit:
    Here's Riot Mirross with information from the PBE boards on changes to the ranked inactivity notifications:
    "Hey everyone,
    We're testing some changes to inactivity (decay) in the upper tiers of ranked play. Previously, you'd get a one-time notification as you approached the decay threshold, but now we're dialing up the frequency of inactivity warnings to ensure the risk of decay stays front-of-mind. We just want to make sure players don't simply forget to maintain the ranking they worked so hard for.

CHANGES:
    Players in danger of ranked decay will receive inactivity warnings every time they log in until becoming active again. Previously this notification occurred just once.
    • MASTER & CHALLENGER SOLO: Decay starts after 10 days of inactivity, with warnings during the final 3 days
    • MASTER & CHALLENGER TEAM: Decay starts after 28 days of inactivity, with warnings during the final 9 days
    • PLAT & DIAMOND SOLO AND TEAM: Decay starts after 28 days of inactivity, with warnings during the final 9 days
    Let me know your thoughts!
    -Riot Mirross"

Riot Socrates also added in:
    "When we first launched inactivity notifications we thought, 'We probably shouldn't make these too spammy'
    Then we decayed and realized we should probably make these more spammy."

Riot Socrates also noted that they will be testing changes to ranked promotions in the near future:
    "We are looking at promos as something we want to improve. We'll likely be testing some of the described behaviors on pbe in the coming weeks."

2. arZ

arZ Banned The Pit

Credit:
    this is great .. hope they will do it fol low leagues too ..

3. djolebelevode

djolebelevode Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
    i played 5 game of ranked,won 4,lost 1,and i didnt play 14 days,is it counting for me? ,that 28 days,or i can play first 10 ranked games how long i want

4. Mikasa Ackerman

Mikasa Ackerman MMORPG Addict The Pit

Credit:
    No, you can be inactive in provisionals.

5. ivekvv256

ivekvv256 Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
    I love this, it'll definitively help out if you forget about playing rankeds. Well done riot :)

6. Tin92

Tin92 Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Thank you very much for this :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.