1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Thanksgiving Traditions

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Snowy, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Do you do anything traditional for Thanksgiving? For instance, do you feast, visit family and/or friends, play video games, wait for Black Friday, etc.

For me, I generally hang out with friends and have a feast with them, then spend some time with my family for dinner.

2. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    I usually cook the foods for my family and then watch a movie together with them.

3. fallenCrest

fallenCrest Big Bad Ogre The Pit
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Usually have the family together at the grandmothers, then cook a large feast and exchange a few presents for the younger ones.

4. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Interesting. I wouldn't have the time to travel to meet up with my other family members, so I usually stay where I'm at and celebrate Thanksgiving there. I do have large feasts, but usually don't distribute presents until Christmas.

fallenCrest likes this.
  5. Adam1a1

Adam1a1 MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular
    1. AQ3DMemes Followers

Credit:
    I live in EU, so there is no such thing as thanksgiving, BUT I have a thanksgiving tradition. Every thanksgiving I log on AQW and complete the Kung Food achievment. Its an achievement which gives you a badge first time you complete it, so I do it just for fun every single year.

6. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i go to my grandparent's house and we have a toast (clinking miniature glass cups with cider) and everyone disagrees with each other over the littlest things for fun (i hope) while the tv plays football in the background and everyone gets full off of mashed potatoes and gravy with turkey really fast

7. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Interesting. I'm not really a sports fan, so I don't watch sports, and I'm not a huge fan of mashed potatoes as "mashed" food isn't really my type of thing. I do like turkey served with some gravy, some bread, some corn, and other food. Not really a fan of cranberry sauce, so my Thanksgiving is a little different than everyone else's. And I usually play games with family members or friends at the time because they're usually available. I feel like sports could be saved for another time since Thanksgiving is usually about spending time with family and friends.

Amethystlock likes this.
  8. Stroik

Stroik Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I'm not one for traditions but my Mom is always trying to get us to read about the pilgrims as a family and share everything we are thankful for.

9. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    It's almost that time of the year again. So far I've been eating a lot of pumpkin pie, and I'm already getting tired of it, so I might hold off on eating pumpkin pie until Thanksgiving. My Thanksgiving plan this year is to go out and eat out early for lunch, spend time with family, then eat out at some friend's house in the evening. Not too different from previous years.