1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

The feeling after i passed all my exams!

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Mayonnaise, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise Cold Heart The Pit

Credit:
    Things really got busy with the past few days. Exams plus Research work deadline <\3. It was a week of studying studying studying. Couldnt even have the time for extra curricular activities. And after a week of torment.. i passed them all! Aahhh so proud of myselfyyy c:

share your moments as well <3

2. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I have one memory that i had to do 3 exams during the same week when i was in secondary school. I think they were about biology, mathematics and history (i am not 100% sure but still). It sure felt good after i was done with them, like a burden that vanished off my shoulders.
    I got good grades from all of them by the way. I had these happen few times when i was there and each of them i was able to finish with good grades and it felt so amazing!

3. Crownknight

Crownknight Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    The closest things to an exam I've taken are the STAAR math, reading, and writing tests that I took back in 4th grade. They are n't like college or high school exams but they are very hard at my grade level.

4. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Congrats on passing all your exams!

5. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Very unusual to have a bunch of exams in October. I'm guess they're midterm exams, which do seem stressful when you have to take a bunch of them within some certain time frame.

6. ZIFAna

ZIFAna DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    It was very encouraging. All the burden of the mind disappears instantly.

I've never opened a letter of graduation and it's very scary if I fail to pass. Even out of fear I'd accidentally tear it open.

After I know the contents and I was graduated, then I immediately cry for joy and I hug my mother there.
    :cry2::cry2::cry2::2thumbsup:

7. Masi Bugatti

Masi Bugatti Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I feel great after finishing the exams

8. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    This might be late but congratz on passing your exams.

9. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    There are three nerve-racking parts to exams. The first part is studying and preparing for an exam. The second part is actually taking the exam. And the third part is waiting for the grade.

I always find it stressful, when exams account for 20% (or worse, higher than 20%) of your grade, because it adds a lot of gravitas to how important it is, and thus adds more pressure to you. Generally, I prefer when professors give out four or five exams, as opposed to two exams (or opposed to just one exam), because then the test grades are distributed into smaller percentages; and the other benefit to having more exams is that you don't have to chunk in as much information, compared to having just one or two exams. But whenever I come across a huge exam, I just consume a lot of mints to ease my mind and start looking through the most important problems that could potentially be on the exam. It tends to be finals that are the most stressful.

Surprisingly, I've done better at exams that are perceived as "harder" than exams that are easier, probably because I put in more seriousness, especially towards harder problems. And very often, the problems that I miss are the easiest problems, because it's easy to overlook them sometimes. On tests like that, I generally make an A or a B.

But to handle stress, especially when thinking about an exam that accounts for a large percentage, I always think about what a decent grade would give me, rather than what a 0% would give me, because it's very unlikely that I'll ever get a 0%. When you see a large number like 20%, it's probably more important to think realistically (e.g. 70/100 is only 14%, which actually isn't that bad).