1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

The International 2018 Begins today! (Schedule and discussion)

Discussion in 'DotA' started by JamesWN1, Aug 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamesWN1

JamesWN1 Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    So a few hours away is the biggest esports tournament of 2018. Taking place in Canada this year, the TI8 will have a prize pool of 24+ Million USD. The 1st prize is for 10 million USD, bringing 2 million per team member. Creating this tread so we can discuss the event here. Here is the group stage scheduled for day 1:

[​IMG]

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I think my favorite part of this is you can watch in-game. Which makes the match very clear since it's rendering live on your hardware. An also gives you cool options like looking around the map, following who you want during the match and having access to all the information on demand. It also integrates commentators and their view so it can be no different than watching a stream if you wish. The replays after match work the same way too. It's a really cool system.

3. JamesWN1

JamesWN1 Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Well I prefer to watch it with commentary cause it makes me understand the game better. It gets difficult to keep an eye on every one during team fights. But yest when your render it live it give you the option to move around the map better.
    Did you see the day one? Its was astonishing AF :blackalien

4. JamesWN1

JamesWN1 Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Update Day 1

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2018
  5. Aaddron

Credit:
    Yeah, unfortunately, none of that can be used since it's all original content belonging to them. In terms of recaps, it seems Valve doesn't offer an official one so you'd have to write it yourself.

End of day standings can be pretty easy, just screenshot this page at the end of the day:

Dota 2 - The International

Example:

[​IMG]

The schedule is harder to make fancy but could be screenshotted and stiched together from this:

Dota 2 - The International

Could also just use text or even just link to the schedule page. In text form, Day 3 Schedule:

12:00PM

Invictus Gaming vs VGJ Thunder
    Evil Genisuses vs Winstrike
    Team Liquid vs Mineski
    Fnatic vs OG

2:30PM

paiN Gaming vs Vici Gaming
    Newbee vs Virtus.pro
    TNC Predator vs VGJ Storm
    OpTic Gaming vs Team Serenity

5:00PM

Invictus Gaming vs OG
    PSG.LGD vs Fnatic
    Team Liquid vs Winstrike
    Mineski vs VGJ Thunder

7:30PM

paiN Gaming vs Virtus.pro
    Newbee vs VGJ Storm
    Team Secret vs OpTic Gaming
    TNC Predator vs Team Serenity

10:00PM

Invictus gaming vs PSG.LGD
    Evil Geniuses vs Team Liquid
    Fnatic vs Winstrike
    OG vs VGJ Thunder

You still get the commentary when watching in game, that's why it's so great.

I'm mostly following Fnatic since I don't have time to watch them all. They'd had some great matches though. I'll probably watch more teams once it's past the group stage.

6. JamesWN1

JamesWN1 Brute New Ogre

Credit:

Fnatic score against Liquid was amazing. They completely destroyed the liquid. But you should watch EG and VGJ.Storm as well they are doing very well. Here are day 2 standings:

[​IMG]

7. Aaddron

Credit:
    I didn't get to watch today but Fnatic hasn't had a great time. 1-3 so far. Two more matches later today.

8. JamesWN1

JamesWN1 Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    The group stages have ended. Team Liquid takes the lead and Pain Gaming goes home! Here are the final standings of group stage:

[​IMG]

The International 2018 Main Event Bracket. #TI8

[​IMG]

And from the looks of Team Liquid will face 2 tough competitors, VP and LGD before going for finals.

Looking at lower bracket, I say Fnatic has a very good chance to make a comeback. cause All they teams in lower brackets are weak.

9. Eisenmeteor

Eisenmeteor Ogre Newling

Credit:
    All SEA teams are eliminated. Sadddd

10. JamesWN1

JamesWN1 Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Sorry guys I have been away for few days, and was not able to update this thread. Here are the updates, till today( Main event day 4)

The prize pool is now 25 million+ USD!

Main event day 1:

[​IMG]

As expected day 1 of the main event was crazy. We saw Winstrike knocking out Newbee. While LGD pushed VP to lower bracket!

Main event day 2:

[​IMG]

Day 2 made many fans sad as SEA was completely wiped out from the The International.

Main event day 3:

[​IMG]

Day 3 had the biggest plot twist of all! EG and Team Liquid, both favorite to many DOTA fans across the globe were knocked out to lower bracket. LGD defeated Liquid 2-0 , while OG took out EG with a 2-1 score.

Gonna start watching day 4 now and update as soon as I am done with it!

11. JamesWN1

JamesWN1 Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Well... while most of us know what a nail biting event the grand final was, if you have missed it here is a small recap!
    At the final day EG and LGD fought for a seat at the grand finals, where EG was completely wiped out by LGD (0-2). I was personally supporting EG against LGD, EG tried to rush the games and were completely dominated by LGD.

However the grand final between OG and LGD was a complete shocker! Many thought LGD would take a clean win but OG fought back hard and WON THE INTERNATIONAL 8.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aaddron likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.