1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

The Kingdom of Battleon

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Stroik, Feb 4, 2019.

Do you like the idea?

1. Yeah, I think it's a great idea actually.

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
  2. Nah, I like the cozy little town.

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  1. Stroik

Stroik Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Hey guys, here I want to discuss the new ideas of making Battleon a big city/castle. How do you feel about them changing the original small little town of Battleon into something huge?

2. LFox

LFox Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    I hope they add a lot of NPCs that walk around and some that you can talk to. It would feel like a ghost town if they didn't since the map would be big. Also being able to explore some houses or going onto the roofs would be nice to.

3. Stroik

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Yeah, that would srsly be very cool! I hope it's even bigger than Darkovia.

4. Cherif ahmed

Cherif ahmed DA BIG CLUB Ogre Regular

Credit:
    hmmm a kingdom whos the king alteon???

5. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Calling the revamped Battleon a "kingdom" is controversial in so many ways and it's outright disrespectful to the older AdventureQuest games that have always preserved the town as just a town, and I don't like the direction that they're pushing Battleon to. Most players disregard the game's story, and there's a reason why. Their main villain, for instance, is the most underdeveloped character in the game. When I see AE pushing Battleon as a "kingdom," it just implies that they have no idea what they're doing. Like who's the king/queen going to be? The game might be a reimagining, but it's out of touch with older fans of the series. They do well on the subset of other stories with character development for characters like Galanoth and Safiria, but the main story is confusing.

They could very well say that the fortifications were built to fend against the Seekers and create some backstory behind that, but nope... they want Battleon to be a kingdom.

Also I get that they want the town to be bigger to make it seem more open area, but I do think there are other ways to convey immersion... like by have buildings you can enter and explore and by giving us more option to climb to places (trees, roofs of buildings, top of the Frogzard statue, etc.).

6. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I don't mind at all but some people are flustered and outraged about it. Times change and we should so go with it rather than resist because it was going to happen at some point anyway. Why be against something that is going to be beneficial for the appeal of this game? Who is going to be the king/the queen? No idea! I don't mind getting new characters to the game.

7. Stroik

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    It's a new game and I think that sometimes a change is good. Maybe it's in the future so the town has become more of a city. And maybe your character will end up becoming the king. You never know. We were the 13th Lord of Chaos.

8. Cherif ahmed

Credit:
    maybe a mayor for a battleon town !

9. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Why be against the idea of a kingdom for Battleon? Because the game's story is already in a huge level of confusion since we don't know much about the game's main villain. We'll probably get Swordhaven in the future anyway, and I think Swordhaven would suffice. They would just need to connect Doomwood Forest to Oaklore Forest, and connect Oaklore Forest to Swordhaven.

I mean, they could have created a new game entirely with its own location and everything (e.g. making RavenSpire the central hub like how it used to be in the early AQ3D project back in 2012 or so). AQ3D is supposed to be a reimagining of the older AdventureQuest series, but a kingdom only strays away from what players have always been familiar with. Battleon is supposed to be an autonomous town visited by heroes, not some "kingdom." In AQWorlds for instance, the main area is called "Battleon Town," not "Kingdom of Battleon." And I don't like the idea of the hero becoming a king/queen since that defeats the purpose of the hero archetype.

Would be a lot better than a king/queen since the role of a mayor would be less significant than the role of a king/queen.

10. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Sure, the story is a mess, but it's going to get fixed eventually, so while waiting for that let's wait for a kingdom of Battleon to be built. When the kingdom is done, it gives a template of sorts to build Swordhaven. Why should we be concerned with the story right now when we don't even have everything revamped? It's worrying that the story is what it is with missing details and plot holes and getting it on the right track is going to happen. I am leaning towards getting old areas revamped and ready for the story to be made into something that makes sense rather than the wedge cheese that it's now.

11. Stroik

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I'm excited that they are trying something new. Maybe it will turn out pretty well. The people that like the town far better will just need to get used to the city. It's not a terrible idea in my opinion and I don't think it would ruin the game.

12. Cherif ahmed

Credit:
    i didnt ment to lower the statues of a mayor!!!! VIVA LA REPUBLIC§§§

13. Raffiel

Raffiel Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    It doesn't make a massive difference to me as long as it isn't filled with bugs.

14. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Depends on the consistency. Sometimes AE likes to abandon old story ideas in favor of new ones and that tends to mess things up a lot more (e.g. Scrapping Sargoth the Necromancer for Necroknight [whose true form is a Dricken] and scrapping Shatterskull for Shadowskull [yet the place is still called Shatterskull in some dialogues], scrapping the old intro for a new intro with a main villain that doesn't even make sense, etc.) If they're going to call Battleon a kingdom, they ought to give the place a monarch and a rich backstory and call it a kingdom in other AE games that feature Battleon. Everytime I see major changes, they tend to disappoint. I just wish they'd stick to one idea and go with it or plan things out further.

15. Raffiel

Credit:
    I feel ya but I highly doubt they'll make these changes in all their other games too. And even if they do, it might take quite a long while. Hopefully they don't mess things up Vane like they did with the Queen of Monsters. It's a shame Nulgath isn't working for AE anymore, even his recent birthday release in AQW seemed sub-par. Positively, Dage will have a much better release for his birthday in a few weeks.

16. Sepherus96

Sepherus96 Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    The little town isn't too bad it reminds me of playing aqw

17. Raffiel

Credit:
    I'm from AQW too, what would u rather have thou if u had to choose 1 over the other....

18. Stroik

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    AQ3D ofc. I find AQ3D to be far more entertaining and unique.

19. Raffiel

Credit:
    AQW has been like a graveyard for a while now. They just couldn't get rid of the botters who ruin'd quite a lot for those that invested time in farming endgame gear.

20. Stroik

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Yeah, that's one of the reasons I got sick of it and ended up quitting.