1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

The pros and cons on buying a truck?

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by ugmsrocks09, Jul 22, 2017.

1. ugmsrocks09

ugmsrocks09 Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Well the thing is I have been suggest to buy a truck, because I do a lot of home renovations and my small ford can't really carry much equipment, however I've heard trucks gas capacity is like around 26 gallons. Which is low comparing to my Honda running on 36 miles per gallon. I'm just wondering your opinions.

2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    What kind of truck are you talking about? A small truck or something like an 18-wheeler? I guess any truck works for my pros and cons list.

Pros:
    • Easy to carry items like furniture and huge objects.
    • Safer to drive, maybe? I'd assume the collision impact wouldn't be as bad as driving a car.
    • Sometimes not as common, so a bit unique.
    • Commute should last longer.

Cons:
    • Costs more than a car usually.
    • Might have less passenger seats.
    • Slower in traffic.

3. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    26 miles to the gallon would be high for a truck, I doubt you'd actually get it especially when hauling stuff. They've really made strides in fuel economy but a lot of it is tricks that only help in day to day driving, not actual work. To add on to Snowy AE. Some of the downsides are fuel, open back if you don't have some form of topper, less passenger space, can be cumbersome to drive. Pluses though are lots of room for stuff, 4 wheel drive, towing ability.

Maybe a alternative would be an SUV, depending on what your hauling fold down seats can give a lot of room in some models, keeps everything enclosed, usually a little better gas mileage and more room for passengers when needed. Still can get 4 wheel drive and some towing too though don't expect as much capacity.

4. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    whichever costs less over a long period of time for you :)

5. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Cybertruck seems to be a nice innovation of trucks, though maybe a bit overboard in some cases. I think the bulletproof material is overboard, but the price seems to be within a good margin for a utility vehicle. I think what makes cybertrucks better than other trucks is the vault bed cover, since you don't really have to worry about rain, or people stealing anything from the back of your truck. Personally I don't really go camping or doing things that would require bringing a lot of materials, so I'd be fine with just a regular car.

But I do think it's going to look strange seeing a bunch of cybertrucks on the road. It'll definitely stand out more than other vehicles, just because of the "polygon" design.