1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts and opinions for tier 3 classes

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Metaqrion, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Maybe we are pretty far from that era, but what are your opinions about tier 3 classes? What possible classes we can see in this tier? Any ideas or thoughts?

2. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    We are a far way from it? AE is pushing new classes to tier 3 and we got Acolyte and Assassin as new upcoming tier 3 classes. I wouldn't surprised to see Death Knight class being tier 3 (or just tier 2) whenever it comes out.

3. Metaqrion

Credit:
    Both Acolyte and Assassin classes will be Tier 2. Acolyte is the tier 2 version of healer and assassin is ranger's. About Death Knight, I don't know when it will come or will it come but if it comes I am pretty sure it will be tier 3 version of paladin. Because Dage said high possibly Undead Slayer will be tier 2 version of paladin.

4. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I think you have misunderstood what AE means when they say a class is tier 2 of a class. For example: Berserker is tier 2 Warrior, a class that you can only start training when you master Warrior and the class itself is tier 3 in game, a part of a class tier that requires you to master another class to begin training it. Assassin and Acolyte will work in a similar manner.

To explain class tiers, this is how they work: Tier 1 classes (called starter classes in game) are classes which you get to use from the very moment you finish creating your character. Tier 2 classes are classes which require you to collect tokens to unlock them through dailies or just paying for them. Tier 3 classes require in addition to collecting tokens for them to master a class to start unlocking it (or skip all that and just pay for it).

I suppose AE could have just said that Acolyte and Assassin are upgraded versions of Ranger and Healer, but saying that they are tier 2 versions of them does the same thing, but it can lead to misunderstandings like this.

5. From a PvP standpoint, I'm not really a fan of a tier system, because it usually means that the lower tier classes are pointless for PvP unless there's some ranked tier PvP. Usually the PvP game meta is exclusively competitive with the best classes, and every other class is pushed down the rank.

From a gameplay perspective, tier 3 classes are too much of an investment to farm for (especially when you see how ridiculous the farming is for other AE games, like Void Highlord for AQWorlds). If you're already tired of doing daily classes to earn, then you could expect tier 3 classes to be a lot more involved. I wished AE would have made it so completing storylines rewarded you tier 2 classes and tier 3 classes would just be lengthy post-content of that storyline area with both earnable and daily options. That way, the farming wouldn't feel very stagnant all the time.

6. Metaqrion

Credit:
    You know what? I would like to carry classes in my inventory just like in the AQW and DragonFable.

7. Having classes in your inventory doesn't really make a lot of sense, especially when inventory space is something to always be concerned about. Like imagine owning 52 classes and you have to put over half of them in your bank because you don't have enough room in your inventory; it's just too much of a hassle going to the bank just to get the class you want to use, especially mid-way through a dungeon or in some area before a battle. It has always been unfeasible, and it's one of those things that have discouraged players from AQWorlds and other AE games from collecting every single (or a majority of) class for actual in-game use.

8. Metaqrion

Credit:
    Solution is easy: Making the class category independent from actual inventory just like morphs, pets and tokens.

9. Ophidius

Ophidius Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I'm so confused, why do you want a class in your inventory when you can just select one at anytime from the menu?

10. Ophidius

Credit:
    I'm not sure what tier this would fall into... I would like to see a shadow priest. First skill would be embrace the darkness/light, switch between shadow and light, switching to light causes aoe burst heal, switching to dark is aoe slow and small dot. Second skill, shadow form is cripple that lowers attack speed and movement of single target, light form is single target large heal. Third skill, shadow form is dot that increasingly removes armor per tick, light form is targetable aoe hot. Ultimate, shadow form huge damage single target and revert back to light form, light form knockback aoe and slow and explode into shadow form. Crossskill yin yang bolt, slow and damage single target or heal and increase attack speed of single target. Passive: shadow form increase cast speed, light form increased mana regen.

Sorry for the short novel. I have thought about this one alot and would really like to see it implemented. Wont hold my breath, I know its alot of work and there are things i dont think the game can even do.

11. I don't think a shadow priest is a realistic expectation for a class. I would think Necromancer would already take that place, and for a healing class, it would just be some sort of Healer class. I think any new classes would be more like classes you'd find in traditional MMORPGs.

12. Ophidius

Credit:
    A man can dream.

13. Corom

Corom Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    A new class should use some sort of stealth skill. It would be nice to have a skill that is defensive instead of offensive, similar to the ninja sprint cross skill. You could use this stealth skill to sneak past enemies.