1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Ticket to Ride

Discussion in 'Board Games' started by alistaly, May 16, 2014.

1. alistaly

alistaly Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    Has anyone here ever played Ticket To Ride? It’s a thoroughly enjoyable boardgame published by Days of Wonder (well experienced publisher of many top boardgames) that offers a fun and strategic setting for all types of players. The idea of the game is to gain control of routes connecting cities which will in turn gain you points. Each player is given three destination cards (which give bonus points for completing specific routes) to start and by the end the player with the highest amount of points, which are gained from laying down trains to completing routes among other things, wins. The first games you play are typically just learning and having fun but the game does have strategy, especially after the route cards are learnt allowing you to judge opponents routes and block accordingly. It’s overall quite entertaining yet it’s not something I could play often; thus I find it best for when the odd friend/guest is over. In addition the game duration can vary quite a bit, although an hour is generally the average. I am very curious to know if anyone else plays or has played and to hear opinions on the game.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2014
  2. Shokata

Shokata Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Very nice game ! :)

3. Aki013

Aki013 League of Legends Player Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Its good game,you described it very good :).

4. CikaB

CikaB The Godfather Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Nice game, you soo good described this game, and i never played this game :)

5. Velja99

Velja99 Elite Ogre New Ogre

Credit:
    Didn't play it but i will might start lol :)

6. arZ

arZ Banned The Pit

Credit:
    nice reviewed game .. for me this was an unknown game ..
    but you described it well ...

7. It's a fun game. Personally I prefer the physical tabletop version than the Steam version.