1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Toys R Us Closing

Discussion in 'Video Games and Consoles' started by ogreman, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Who all has a bought a game there and what was it?

The main ones i remember are Wonder Boy and Rygar.

2. subeJ

subeJ The Perfect Recipe Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Toys R Us here in my country is not affected by the liquidation in America. They will still continue with operations. :D

ogreman likes this.
  3. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Toys R Us was so cool as a kid, wall to wall everything a kid could ever want lol. I don't remember if I ever bought a video game from them though. I think maybe once, mine never really had a great selection or wasn't any better price anyways so it made no sense. I did get a Nintendo Switch case from them though. Possibly two amiibo too, I don't remember. Got a pokemon via an event once too. It too bad they are closing down in the US now.

4. haanuman

haanuman Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    I got a lot of toys from there as a kid but no games, I remember having the candy in my eye while checking the shelves. I felt like ToysRUs will always be there for me no matter what.

5. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I used to always like walking in as a kid and looking at the toys but my parents never let me buy any lol, they'd always be like just wait for Santa.

6. Ylber

Ylber Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Luckily, not ALL stores are closing, just lots of store in America. TOYS R US was my heaven as a child, its where I got my gamecube from which is my favorite consol. I also remember them changing up the theme in their store depending on the holidays e.g. halloween :D

7. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I used to go to Toys"R"Us mainly for toys (e.g. cards, plush, etc.), but not so much for video games. I guess maybe the only exception would be for certain events (e.g. Pokémon distribution events). When it comes to video games, I mainly got my video games from either Wal-Mart or Best Buy. I don't miss Toys"R"Us much just because I haven't experienced any significant moment there; it was always more like a place just to explore around than it was to constantly buy things.

8. Nihilist

Nihilist Elite Ogre Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I wanna be a Toys R Us kid !!!
    Man that was the place in mid 80s to mid 90s... sad to see it go :(