1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Triple Triad forum dupes - please ignore

Discussion in 'Triple Triad' started by vyeh, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PolanWalker

PolanWalker Ogre Hall of Fame The Pit

Credit:
    For me better is T-28 with great 57mm gum and incredible mobility. Paper armor is a disadventage of it but can be terminated with fast changing of position.

2. PolanWalker

PolanWalker Ogre Hall of Fame The Pit

Credit:
    For me the best is E-100. But i can be wrong becouse never played any 10 tier tank :/

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2012
  3. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    Although I don't really check that email, I did receive one.

4. shugo

shugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:

I think it may be due to a leak in the vbulletin forum code.

There is a possibility that there is php filter missing somewhere and that this Chinese guy (possibly logged in from an internetcafe in Hong Kong), exploited this leak.

If my assumption is correct, then this Chinese guy may have used an sql injection (that's a certain hacking method), to get access to the sql database that is connected to this webserver email system and made himself a new emailaccount and then uses this new emailaccount to send spam.

Ogreman's real email is: [key]squirrel[at]webmail.gameogre.com, with the key being a random key. This is the emailaccount that is normally used as an alias for webmaster[at]gameogre.com.

Yet the emailaddress used as an alias by this Chinese guy, is: nobody[at]server1.ogremedia.com

I can see so in the original email.

But this is assuming that the email headers aren't forged, which I can't be sure of!

Anyway I have contacted vbulletin and told them that there may be a leak in their code, probably somewhere closely related to the creation of emailaccounts.

If my assumption is correct then only emails from nobody[at]server1.ogremedia.com
    should be ignored, the other emailaccount he probably does not control (yet), though he could try to update a new password over the old password of ogreman's original emailaccount and receive access to that emailaccount too. I kind of doubt that though, because of the key. No random key, no access, and I really doubt that this Chinese guy has gotten his hands on that key, or else we would have noticed that by now.

If my assumption is correct then it also means, that gameogre.com may not be the only forum affected by this. There could be more vbulletin forums who are in the exact same situation as gameogre is now.

I've seen things like this once before. It happens. Everything has its vulnerabilities.

This can be solved, but it will take some time. I'm sure the chinese guy IP is being searched in the log and blocked right now as of this posting and vbulletin will probably release a security update as soon as they find the missing filter.

Another possible explanation is that this chinese spammer may have access to ogreman's website sysadmin, or at least the area of the webemail. This chinese spammer may have stumbled on the login page of the ogremedia website email by chance and then brute force attacked his way into it, by guessing the password. If the latter is the case ogreman will need to change the password and then find the chinese spammer's IP in the website log and block that IP with a htaccess file. That should stop the Chinese spammer gaining access.

A third, but less likely possibility is that this chinese guy has a virus on ogreman's PC and used that virus (containing a trojan, keyboard key tracker, and screen capture software) to get his hands on ogreman's password to gameogre's website email system. In that case ogreman will also need to scan his own computer.

So far I think that scenario 1 is the most likely assumption.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2012
  5. shugo

Credit:
    ogreman's false gold spam mail is actually the third spam mail I received this week. I also got one from my friend a few days ago. And another from wordpress website owner who I helped move to a new webhost about 2 weeks ago.

3 spam emails in 2 weeks is unusually high for me. I think the hackers are quite active this time of year.

6. Kingsfield

Kingsfield Taken a Room in the Pit The Pit

Credit:
    That above me here seems logic if you say it like that (though it's all rambling for me, damn I feel stupid now ;o)

One question for you though, if situation 1 applies, what should Ogreman do then?

7. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    Nothing against Fox News but this seems more like something that looks/sounds more like a good story and headline than something we need to worry about.

Website said I was clean btw.

8. shugo

Credit:
    1. contact vbulletin and show the original spam mail and explain the situation
    2. find the IP of the chinese guy in the website log
    3. block that ip in the htaccess file
    4. await vbulletin update
    5. upload new vbulletin file with security update to the server

4. may take some time. the programmers of vbulletin first need to find the missing filter

1. and 2. may be the tricky part. Some logs only store the last few days, if the chinese hacker logged onto the site before that, then ogreman has a problem in that he may be unable to find the IP in the log, because it is no longer to be found there.

In that case he can use the email IP in the original email to try and find the internet IP of the chinese hacker. There are conversion sites for that, but some may not be commercially available. In which case the FBI IT unit may be a last resort. Seeing as how the police are swamped in work, that may take days if not weeks.

If ogreman has no log at all, then he is in a worse situation, in which case he should get one from his host. If the host is unwilling to provide one, then I'd recommend moving to another webhost, because that's no good. Though I'm not certain, I think that's not the case with his host (fabulous) and I reckon he may be able to find the IP of the hacker in the log.

Of course this is assuming that the hacker didn't have access to the log to alter it. I don't think he has access to that.

So far it looks to me to be a very limited breach to the system, only the possible exploit (i.e. missing filter) was abused to create an emailaccount and nothing else it seems.

9. Supernatural

Supernatural LiveStreamer Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Thanks for explaining the situation shugo, great posts :)

10. shugo

Credit:
    the problem with deductive logic is that although you can find out lots of stuff with that, it may also be very much in the wrong, and may be something completely different alltogether

-Sherlock Holmes

the problem in this situation is that I can't eliminate everything (yet)

so there is a theoretical 4th of 5th possible scenario of what happened. But so far scenario 1 seems most probable.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2012
  11. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I'd say about 5-10 hours. I keep losing my saves and not wanting to start over lol, so I play creative mode instead.

12. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Gonna go with "I play Minecraft when I am bored"... although it's more when I want to build something. Minecraft is my go to game when I need a break from my other games... also becomes my main game when I attempt to build something big or want an adventure. It's the Play-Doh of my game collection, filling whatever space is needed.

13. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Did find something on my system after a complete full scan. It has been removed:).

Now, there will be some updates and contacting companies in addition to waiting on word back from the server. This should prevent future emails.

14. KuroTsuna

KuroTsuna Looooong Goooone

Credit:
    Today you can make a Phantom

15. Kingsfield

Kingsfield Taken a Room in the Pit The Pit

Credit:
    Can fully agree with that, that's the way I play it, though I also play it as a main game when a single player survival world starts to become interesting :) I love spelunking

16. KuroTsuna

Credit:
    Note: This thread is to inform those of the glitches that were introduced in this patch primarily for Adventurer Pirates
    ex. (Pirate, Brawler -> Buccaneer/ Gunslinger -> Corsair)
    *Other fellow Pirates (Thunder Breakers, Cannoneers, Jett, Mechanics) are welcome to discuss their glitches (if any) as well.

Try to keep repeats to a minimum. Please share issues that aren't on this list already.

Pirate glitches
    -There is an SP issue reported by people that conflicts with job advancements. *(Fixed)*
    -Dash makes your character slide when stopping.
    -Post revamp skillbooks are obtainable
    -Skillbooks do not work (not sure if Maple Warrior is experiencing this problem for us as well)
    -SP cannot be added or distributed properly *(Fixed)*
    -Some skill names have been changed to those that the Jett class has
    -Some skills have changed sound effects to those of revamped skills
    -The quest to take Samuel's quiz for the Class mounts is available (Corsairs can only obtain it, sorry Buccaneers)
    -Maple Warrior retains its old animation
    -Pirate's Revenge has a typo stating it gives 0% damage at max
    -UA Pirates report Sharkwave is weaker for no apparent reason (This also applies to people who did the questline on Regular Adventurers)
    -Pre-revamp Summersault Kick gives i-frames for the duration (Note for Buccaneers, it will not work if you are Transformed)
    -Flash Fist skill no longer works with a gun equipped (remove the gun to use the skill)
    -Bullet Time's passive effects are not present
    -The quest for Crocell's helmet is not offered (this applies to every Pirate as far as I am aware of)

Buccaneer glitches
    -Energy Charge's bar is red but functions as the current one
    -Energy Charge is slower on Bosses (and mobs) than before
    -Sometimes your chat bar will be spammed with "Unavailable while transforming"

Corsair glitches
    -Corsairs can access the quiz and complete it
    -If you take Samuel's quiz and obtain the new Battleship mount, many skills have a large decrease in delay, which can disconnect the user if used repeatedly
    -If you hang on a ladder and use the Battleship mount from Samuel's quiz, it doesn't stay on but the buff icon still appears. You'll be walking with 170% speed and still be able to use your mount skills w/ normal delays.
    -Grenade toss is spammable. If spammed long enough, the MP cost will be 0 during the duration of the spam.
    -Outlaws/Corsairs can only have one Octopus summoned at a time
    -Bullseye is glitched and does not function properly
    -Wings will DC you when gliding
    -Buffs cannot be used on the Battleship

Thunder Breaker glitches
    -Dash does not activate
    -Corkscrew Blow no longer charges and the delay is gone
    -Quick Motion when maxed does not give any speed or jump
    -The bar for Energy Charge is Red yet functions like the current one; Charges slower on bosses and mobs as well
    -Spark is glitched and does not function at all
    -Transformation can crash the game
    -Thunder Breakers receive "Octopunch" instead of Barrage when doing the quest from Hawkeye, and the skill does not work at all
    -Energy Blast's delay has been increased to post-revamp delay but does not have multiple hits

Mechanic glitches
    -Booster is broken, meaning when you click on the skill, it does not activate. It doesn't work when using it as a key or just pressing it from the skill tab. Normally, when you are unmounted, pressing the booster key (Mechanic Rage) will first mount you, and then buff you with the booster. However, now it DOES mount you, but booster does not activate. The animation does not appear, and no buff appears on the upper right hand corner. *(Fixed)*
    -Siege: Still the problem of when going into siege mode sometimes, it just attacks regularly (without siege). Then, you have to de-mount and re-mount into tank mode to try again. Note: this only happens in tank mode.
    -Satellite Safety doesn't activate as often as supposed to.

Cannoneer glitches
    -The link skill cannot be transferred to other characters

Jett glitches
    -Core fragments do not re-equip if you equip anything that is not a gun. (Switching back to gun will not re-equip it)
    -When a Jett uses the Mystery Special Mastery book in the Renegades shop, the only book obtainable from the selection menu is Battleship Nautilus.
    - Jett's special mastery book 100% from event (Eight-Leg Easton) doesn't work at all on suborbital skill in 4th.
    -Booster automatically disappears if you change channels
    -When using Gamma Missile, if you change direction before the missile detonates, the explosion damage will be inflicted in the direction the user is facing, regardless of the explosion's animation
    -Jett cannot use mount skill (Level 70 mount from quest)
    -Jett cannot use the soaring skill for mounts.
    -Rapid Fire's animation is 'glitched' (When starting up the animation, the robotic ring is behind the character instead of in front as it's supposed to be)
    -Jett's Rapid Fire animation is client sided; to other players the bullets show up as Hurricane arrows.
    -If your inventory is full, upon advancing to any job advancement, you won't receive the Gun.

Important note for ranged classes: As of right now, Ranged classes are experiencing a glitch in which the enemy dies before the projectiles hit them (ex. Stars, arrows, bullets, etc.). This animation error applies to just about every ranged class (Particularly Corsairs, Mechanics, Cannoneers, and Jetts).

If you have anymore finds than the ones listed so far, please comment below.

Edits:
    1- Stick to the topic please.

2-Big thank you to all the contributors to this thread.

3- Great news: A GM took notice to some of the problems listed on here.

4- Still no word of us being fixed yet. Hang in there.

5- Revised the thread a bit, minor cleanups. Will usually ninja a few fixes and confirmations.

6- Another unscheduled SC, and this one yet again failed to address or fix our errors... -sigh-

7- Apparently Nexon has planned an SC that will hopefully address many of the errors. Thanks for sharing.

8-SP glitch confirmed to be fixed! (Along with Mechanic and Jett fixes) Please note that this does not mean all the glitches are fixed yet

17. KuroTsuna

Credit:
    I don't have one, some people want to make the game harder

18. Supernatural

Credit:
    I haven't saw this post, sorry, I can do it! You think something like what's new in the moba world every week?

19. Supernatural

Credit:
    Post here your best league of legend score you had :) Let's see who can get the most kills or even assists :)

[​IMG]

This is a game I played with Infina, our fellow member :)

20. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    I liked the Orcs because they were the closest to Ogres:).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.