1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Ultima

Discussion in 'RPG' started by Maelious, May 1, 2018.

1. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I first played Ultima III as a kid on an ancient IBM XT machine. The story line was great and as one of my first experiences with computer RPGs, will forever have a place in my heart. The combat system was simple but with its spell system, was still interesting. The quest line was typical of the fantasy genre, but was still great, with twists like needing to get sucked down into the underworld to met the timelord ... finding exotic armor and weapons ... and finally making your way to exodus ...

Already a fan of the series. All the mini-quests and hidden items and larger world map in Ultima IV drew me in deeper into the world.

Ultima online was released much later (but before WoW) ... and I spent years enjoying it before I eventually moved on to WoW.

A great series and back story. I hope to one day go back to a newer version of Ultima Online. :)

2. Deku1

Deku1 Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    i never heard for this game before :/

3. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    If you have time, give it a try :)

4. Sabugo

Sabugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Amazing review, Mael.

5. Aerobous

Aerobous Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Same xd never heard it . Perhaps it was an old game ?

6. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I say that this RPG was good for it's time era.

7. Very old RPG series, dating back to the 1980s and gained a lot of popularity in the 90s. Latest Ultima game was in 2013, so it's been a long time since there's been another Ultima game.

Personally, it's not my style, but it's no doubt an influential series in the RPG genre.