1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate Guide to increase fps in League of Legends

Discussion in 'MOBA' started by usbjaj, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. usbjaj

usbjaj DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Okey,hi to all i'm Dragan.
    In this Thread i will show you ways to increase fps in game League of Legends

Tip 1:
    Before we even start,first thing that you need to know is:
    This will not imrpove you fps in way from 10 fps to 60,it will just help you to get max from your spec...

1.First of all check the site to see can you even run the game:
    Can You RUN It | Can I run that game | Game system requirements
    If you can you are good to go.

2.Best windows for playing League of Legends in win7 (someone can say no win xp is better but i tryed to play on win xp and its just bad,especially now after microsoft shut down support).

3.Make sure you get fresh install of windows or delete all files that are unnecessary too increase speed of your pc and free some space on your HARD DRIVE

4.Press start and in search box tipe run,then write msconfig......and you will open a window (at left right corner you will se tap called startup,then dissable everything that you don't wona to startup with your computer (like Torrent/driverMax/Curse /Adobe Reader/Power ISO/Origin/Steam etc......(that will increase your free ram

5.You can use program called RAZOR GAME BOOSTER (the program will shut down all unnecessary programs before you get in game)

6.Well know problem can also be overheating you CPU/GPU/to check this you shoud download a program called SpeedFan or HWMonitor/ and check for temperatures(You can't say one avarage temperature for all CPU/GPu becore some CPU/GPU are warmer then others but i think you GPU/CPU shoud not go over 85/90C )
    FIX:
    (Unplug your computer before opening the case)
    Overheating issues are also often caused by poor air circulation in the computer case. If you have space, adding another fan can help.
    Remove the small CPU fan plug from the motherboard
    Remove the CPU cooling fan,Release the CPU. Often it is held in place by a small lever that lifts to release the processor.Clean out the heat sink.Carefully wipe off any residual thermal paste.Replace the CPU in its socket.Apply a thin layer of thermal paste to the top of the CPU.Replace the heat sink ( Same thing you can do with GPU/or simply just clean up the fan.

7.Next thing is to make sure you got LASTEST DRIVERS FOR YOUR GRAPHIC CARD
    NVIDIA:
    Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers
    ATI:
    Download Drivers

Just simply find your series if you have GPU called NVIDIA 9800,in tab called Product Series you will set 9 Series bcs its 9800 if you have 8600 you will set 8 series....,after that choose windows 7/8 32/64 bit and hit download or just "Automatically find drivers for my NVIDIA products" (same thing with ATI)

8.Try using Disk Defragamenter

9.In game set everything to very low and shadow off,and make sure you to disable vsync

10.Use Windows Classic Display
    1) Right click desktop select Properties
    2) Navigate to the Themes tab
    3) Change your current theme to Windows Classic
    Doing this will free up some memory and generally make navigating through Windows much smoother.

11.Adjust Video Setting for Best Performance
    1) Right click My Computer select Properties
    2) Navigate to the Advanced tab
    3) Under the performance section select the Settings button
    4) Click the bubble that reads "Adjust for best performance" and click OK to apply the changes.
    Doing this will also free up some memory and generally make navigating through Windows much smoothe (this will make your computer to look like from 98 but still....:)

12.Download CCleaner (CCleaner is the number-one tool for cleaning your Windows PC. It protects your privacy online and makes your computer faster and more secure. Easy to use and a small, fast download.)
    Download link:
    https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

13.Since we are at in the Task Manager already I want to talk about the Priority setting, If you ever tried to increase your FPS you have read about it, basically what you do is tell your CPU to give more time to a certain process, however this can be counterproductive and actually DECREASE your FPS , you CAN try to set the priority to Above Normal or High (expect Sound tearing, crashes and general instability!) if this does help you good! Be careful tho and NEVER set it to Realtime, this will make your system incredibly unstable and you might loose / corrupt data.

14.This one is kind of obvious, uninstall all Programs on your PC you don't need. This won't increase your FPS but will make the rest of your machine feel smoother , and depending on how "vicious" the software was you will see some better loading times.

15.If you have Intel graphics , skip this step! If you have nVidia / AMD keep reading, go into your Graphics driver (right click on Desktop or look in your system tray) and go into the 3D Settings, now disable / set everything to low that might affect your game, especially things like Anti-Aliasing should be disabled (Set it to override application settings , then set the AA factor to 0 / none like this . if it is not clear if changing an option will yield FPS / lower them just experiment with it (usually you can do so while the game is running)

16.Right click the LoL Icon and click Properties and add "-nosound" to the end of the datapath. If this helped you your Soundcard might be Damaged / you need to update your Drivers, alternatively you can just disable the Audio ingame by checking the box in the audio option, however the -nosound way may be more effective.

Your PowerSupply might be too weak and is not delivering enough energy to your GPU (if it would give less to your CPU it would turn off) to test for this run Prime95 and some Graphics benchmark like FurMark together , if your PC turns off your PowerSupply is too weak, or some of your overclock is unstable (only if you actually overclocked) if your Hardware comes factory overclocked it almost never is unstable as they test those cards.

17.Then set your Frame Rate Cap to 80 or 60.
    (use the one that gives you the most fps. Both options will give you higher fps then the stock option Stable).

18.And last but not least https://www.dropbox.com/s/t488p5c85n5gdgc/game.cfg
    You can use game.cfg that will automaticly set your settings to worst in order to increase your perfomances----This file copy to your league of legends/config folder.
    While donwloading you will maybe get warrning note but its okey/i used that config for long time without any problems

Thats its from me hope this will help and happy gaming :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
  2. savicaa

savicaa Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Nice one , thanks :)

3. Ryzee

Ryzee Spiked Club

Credit:
    That is nice , ty :)

4. SKT T1 Bengi

SKT T1 Bengi Clubbed for Multiple Accounts

Credit:
    This is nice but I don't recommend caping the FPS on 80 or 60 since in some situations you'll get more than it and it's more enjoyable.

5. usbjaj

Credit:
    Actually at 60 fps and 120fps its same i tested it many times bcs human eye can't see more then that

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
  6. usbjaj

Credit:
    I make some reworks and fixed some language erors :)

7. ExtremeTheLegend

ExtremeTheLegend Big Brute Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Good guide :) :D you've got a like !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.