1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

[Update] Important Information Regarding Nexon Guard in MapleStory and FAQs

Discussion in 'Maple Story' started by KuroTsuna, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KuroTsuna

KuroTsuna Looooong Goooone

Credit:
    In our ongoing effort to combat game exploits and malicious hacks, we are utilizing a hack detector called Nexon Guard, along with HackShield, to provide another layer of game security in MapleStory.

Nexon Guard will appear as the program "Black Cipher.aes" in the task manager. Players should not attempt to "End Process" this program. Doing so will not improve in-game performance, but will instead make you vulnerable to server disconnects and may cause your account to be flagged for File Modification.

Every gaming community has its share of cheaters, but we can put a stop to them with your support. Nexon Guard is a powerful tool that helps us keep an eye on emerging hacks and root out existing exploits to make sure your experience is as fair (and fun!) as possible.

Thanks to all of you for helping to create a safer gaming environment!

- Maple Team -

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What is BlackCipher?

Black Cipher is another name for Nexon Guard. This application is our latest tool against hackers and it will be updated frequently to provide the best protection against illicit activities. The MapleStory client will not run properly if the BlackCipher is interrupted (i.e. force closed through the Task Manager).

2. Will this slow down my computer by taking up memory and other resources?

The application does require some memory, but it will not affect your gameplay or take a major amount of your system’s resource. If you are seeing lag or experiencing other issues with BlackCipher running, please let us know through the customer support system. We are always looking to fix and improve our system.

3. What will force closing Black Cipher in the Task Manger do?

BlackCipher must be running while the game client is running, and force closing BlackCipher.aes will close the game. You will not be able to run the game properly afterwards. You must close the MapleStory client completely and launch it again. Do not force close BlackCipher this time around!

4. What happens if I delete Black Cipher from my computer?

MapleStory will not launch properly without Black Cipher. BlackCipher will automatically re-download the next time you try to launch the game client.

5. Why am I getting a black screen after my character logs into the game?

It is very likely that you have force closed BlackCipher or you have malicious applications on your computer that BlackCipher detected. As a result, you cannot enter the game. Please close the MapleStory client completely and remove any malicious applications from your computer. Reboot your computer and re-launch the client to try again.

6. Does getting the black screen mean that my account is banned?

BlackCipher does not ban accounts. BlackCipher will only prevent MapleStory from starting should you have force closed it or if it detected malicious applications on your computer. If you are getting the black screen, remove all malicious applications from your computer, restart your computer, and properly launch the client without force closing BlackCipher.

7. I see that BlackCipher finished loading, but the game is not launching.

BlackCipher has detected malicious applications trying to access MapleStory. Please remove these malicious applications before re-launching MapleStory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.