1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

War of Angels

Discussion in 'Upcoming Games' started by Glazed, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Glazed

Glazed Banned

Credit:
    It only has one video, but still looks good.

It's a upcoming game. It says in the video, it came last year, but never did, or atleast not in NA. It's scheduled to come maybe during this Winter? Most likely near the end of this year?

Well, it looks cool. Good cel-shaded cartoon graphics (although some don't like that), the looks of the character suggest good character creation options (the warrior in the video has brown skin and pink hair 0-0), the combat looks like it might be medium-paced (either point and click or lock on and then press 1111111 and little bit of 22222 with the option of moving during a fight usind WASD keys), and the enviorment looks big and beautiful and vast and unique! No basic plains filled with trees and mobs. Actual unique places. There's even a dungeon in the video that has a stair case that looks like it goes a long ways down, and one place looks like a magical forest with a big beautiful waterfall.

Also, you can fly. With the usual wings, but also with jetpacks, I think! And there's other things to do other than fighting (atleast fishing), and I heard that in the game players will be able to make towns and join factions depending on what story quests they take and how they deal with them, and can lead to open world PvPing.

I guess the game isn't very well known yet, because I can't find much about it or any videos of it through google.

Is anyone else waiting for this game or curious about it?

2. DarkJedi

DarkJedi DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    Where did you find this game?

3. shugo

shugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    You can now register for the beta of war of angels, at least according to the site (haven't tried it myself). It relies on flash, so I will not play this game (my comp is too old for that).

4. Glazed

Glazed Banned

Credit:
    I did register. I remember reading something somewhere saying it won't be coming soon because of other things.

5. shugo

Credit:
    so registration is online, but the beta of the game isn't? ... weird

6. Glazed

Glazed Banned

Credit:
    I'm gonna assume that it's unofficially in Development Hell.

7. shugo

Credit:
    ah yes development hell... that place of frustration... that place with banged in monitors and crashing computers

8. DarkJedi

DarkJedi DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    oh.. Thanks for informing us.. I don't want to waste my time for that..

9. Glazed

Glazed Banned

Credit:
    Well, it looked like a good game. Since there's not alot of good ones or better ones that are for free and I actually want to spend time playing until Allods online comes into OBT, I might return to RoM. But then again, maybe not, after last time.

It was a good game, but why start over on a game that you had already invest alot of time in before? Plus, for christmas, I got Red Alert 3 for PC, a PS3 along with I think 5 games that are awesome, Civilization Revolution for DS which was suprisingly fun, Drawn to Life, and I'm hoping to get a internet hook up for my PS3, so that is probably gonna keep my time for a good long time. Atleast 4 weeks.