1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Weapon skins, are they worth to spend money?

Discussion in 'Battle Royales' started by Metaqrion, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Most of the battle royale and FPS games offer creative skins for the weapons that take place in their games and almost 90% of them reachable with in-game purchases. Would you mind spending money on them?

2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I wouldn't spend even a dime on skins, any skin that is. It would be a lot better if people can customize their own character/weapon/etc. skins, like how Minecraft does it, but that's not really feasible with many 3D games where there are complex polygons. And besides, too many game companies realize that there's actual opportunity from selling skins, even though they make no real difference in the enjoyability of a game.

Personally, I don't think battle royale games offer much alternative options for spending money. Like with DLCs, the most they could offer are new characters or weapons, maybe with exclusive skills, damage, or whatever, but they can't offer exclusive story content or things that other game genres can since battle royale is really limited to PvP.

3. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Quite reasonable. If you ask my opinion, I would not spend too for a FPS battle royale game.

4. Deku1

Deku1 Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    it is not worth at all, skins cant help you improve your gameplay