1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What could be Minecraft's next major update?

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Heromanguy12, May 23, 2020.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Minecraft's next major update is going to be the Nether update obviously as of posting this, but what could possible be the one after it? Share your ideas and predictions here!

2. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Personally, I want to see another whole new dimension in the next update. At this point, we have The Overworld, The Nether, and The End. I remember at one point, Mojang planned for a Sky dimension, but that concept was rebranded to the End, but I feel like the End is more like an adventure completion with the final goal being to slay the dragon than anything else. It would be cool to see a complete opposite dimension to the Nether, like maybe the Aether dimension, and have the place filled with cloud blocks and a whole new adventure. I've seen many Minecraft mods that have tried to create something like it before.

3. Mseehr

Mseehr Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    We are constantly fighting bad things or walking around in hell. I would like to go to heaven and see constructive things there and go on an adventure

4. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    That's pretty much what my idea of an Aether region is, and then you would just have mainly cloud blocks to walk on. And maybe for some sort of fortress in that region (analogous to the Nether Fortress), you could have some "Jack and the Beanstalk" giant guarding the fortress and the fortress could house a bunch of new items.