1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What do you guys think about connecting your FB acc to games??

Discussion in 'Social Games' started by Izraphel, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Izraphel

Izraphel Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I personally don't really like connecting my Facebook account to games...i would prefer to use my e-mail which i think is safer and a bit more private.
    There have been games which began using Facebook and after some time you could no longer play them there (or there was no point in playing them on FB) and i was unable to connect them to my e-mail (technical issues of the company). Anything similar happened to you?

2. I don't like connecting my Facebook account to games because I'm worried about security and other matters. For example, if your Facebook account somehow gets hacked, some of your game accounts may pretty much gets hacked depending on how game companies treat linking games with Facebook, but Facebook does do a pretty good job with their security. I'm also worried about if my Facebook account gets suspended for any reason, because that might cause some issues with playing games.

Despite that, I do use my Facebook account for certain games though, usually games that I have no problem losing my progress on or games that I play with my Facebook friends on most often.

Izraphel likes this.
  3. Qsljic

Qsljic Ogre Prince The Pit

Credit:
    Well when you connect FB account to any game, they will get a lot of personal details and i dont like it.

Izraphel likes this.
  4. Excellent point. Sometimes I like a bit of privacy, but I usually don't have a problem connecting my Facebook account to games, if I play those games mostly with real-life friends. I don't like using my Facebook account on games, if I'm playing against anonymous players.

Izraphel and Qsljic like this.
  5. Izraphel

Credit:
    I also feel safer (privacy based) when im using my e-mail instead of my fb account... not many games on fb that i would play seriously!!!

6. half.queen

half.queen Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Never with my personal.

I just make a second fb account and link games to that. It's easy to switch over anyways.

7. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Don't have one so FB isn't an issue for me. Google however... I hate how everything requires linking to Google Account on mobile, games then take your real name an stuff too which is silly. What can you do though, accept it or don't play :/

Honestly, I think privacy is already lost to other compromises that the log in decision becomes kinda moot. Still smart to be careful though.

Izraphel likes this.
  8. Izraphel

Credit:
    True google acc is required for everything on mobiles.... you cant download anything from the playstore without one and i dont think many would risk external unreliable sources.... :/

9. Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise Cold Heart The Pit

Credit:
    It's personal. Nopie for me~

10. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    I always do to save my progress but sometimes you cannot really trust facebook