1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think about Moglins in AQ3D?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Snowy, Jul 19, 2017.

1. FenrisVan

FenrisVan Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    they are adorable

2. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    They were made that in mind. Small and cute little creatures.

3. CanineAQ3D

CanineAQ3D Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I think they're an element that's been present in all AE games and are now being slapped across the face of aq3d too, which I guess was gonna happen. Regardless of whether or not the ' world ' this game exists in accommodates them or not.

4. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    AE likes their moglins and they like them so much that they started a kickstarter to fund the production of moglin plushies for Heromart.

5. I think moglins are overemphasized compared to other important characters, newer characters, and even minor characters. Like where's King Alteon, Gravelyn, and other fan favorites, and also the monster variants from the original AQ since AQ3D attempts to hinge itself to that game? Like Mogloween is already based on moglins and Frostval is already about Moglins and their Moglin village. It'd be nice to have a holiday based on a Frogzard or more emphasis on creatures that are exclusive to AQ3D (such as Trolluks). I think Trolluks are the least emphasized creatures in the game.

6. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    They are one of those things that come to mind when talking about AE's popular games because they all got moglins in them. Trolluks really haven't received as much spotlight like Drickens have for example.

7. And there aren't really many reskins of Trolluks or even appearances of them, compared to most other creatures in the game (e.g. wolves, and even more obscure monsters like some Mogloween monsters that appear in Darkovia).

I don't even recall battling Trolluks other than in Livingstone Caverns. They're probably the most underrated, yet earliest creatures introduced to the game.

I would have imagine years ago that they would have had a lot of appearances since they're sort of like AE's version of horcs. And I would have imagine there's be many reskins (like Trolluks wearing various equipments) since they're very humanoid.

8. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Trolluks deserve to get more use and not just their animation rig. It would be pleasant to see, if they decided to use Trolluks in the upcoming Heartwood revamp.

9. I think Trolluks are cave-dwelling creatures. There's not really a lot known about them, but if they ever have more cavern areas, adding more Trolluks would make sense.

10. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    In that case I can't see AE giving Trolluks any spotlight in a long time.

11. They could make more cave areas and utilize ones that show up in maps but aren't used. There's one in Westmere that isn't accessible yet, and they could add Trolluks to the caves in Darkovia. Wouldn't be too difficult to add them there, but it's likely that AE's forgotten the significance Trolluks.

12. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    There really aren't many caves which aren't dungeons in general. AE should give Trolluks more love because they are one of the earliest monsters added to AQ3D.

13. Well I would say there are plenty of caves, just not for the purpose of adding Trolluks. For instance, Dricken Cave is a cave dedicated to Drickens. The only recent cave that "almost" has a Trolluk is the Blue Ogre Cave. Some variants of Trolluks they could add is a skeleton Trolluk for Doomwood and a samurai Trolluk for Yokai Isle.

14. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    I am kinda surprised that AE hasn't added skeleton Trolluks to AQ3D yet. They really like their skeletons. It would be nice if they added added Moglinsters to the game too at some point.

15. Usually Moglinsters are for Mogloween, but I don't think it's necessary since I believe Moglinsters were an experimental creation in other AE games like AQWorlds, and it wouldn't really advance the current story for Mogloween in AQ3D which is in summary about Hallows Eve taking over the world on Mogloween.

And we already have plenty of Moglin variants. I'd even consider the Vampragon Pet to be a moglin variant just for the resemblance, even though it bears no name to Moglin.

16. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    We should expect more Moglin variants to be added at some point considering the popularity of Moglins regardless if they fit in or not.

17. Xctroy

Xctroy Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Moglins are cute and fun for most players (and i agree) but i do think they're a distraction from real developments to the game at this point. Yes its nice to see different little creatures with different themes but its something that can be kept aside for later (atleast now that they have been introduced) while actual game mechanics are improved.

18. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    Knowing AE, they will probably find a way to make moglins relevant to the actual story.

19. Xctroy

Xctroy Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    True lol, wouldn't be surprised.

20. In some circumstances, they do find ways to manage every main character into their stories. For instance, in AQWorlds, they've made Zorbak somewhat one of a central NPCs in Doomwood, and have had Twilly and Zorbak debuted in several sub-plots. I doubt minor Moglin characters would have much of a role in a major story, but it is more likely for characters like Twilly and Zorbak to have an important role since they're the main deuteragonists of the moglin species, and the lesser archetypes of good and evil.