1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think about video game remakes?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Consoles' started by Snowy, Jan 2, 2018.

1. For example, certain series like The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon, and Super Mario have had remakes for newer consoles. TLoZ: Ocarina of Time was remade for the Game Cube then the 3DS, Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire was remade for the 3DS, and Super Mario Bros. 3 was remade for the SNES (as Super Mario All-Stars) and for the Game Boy Advance. The remakes have some noticeable differences like graphics and/or newer features.

Personally, I enjoy remakes, especially when they have graphical improvements, maybe even improvements to sounds and music. A lot of remakes are like that, but some remakes no longer have certain features. For instance, the rumble feature in Ocarina of Time isn't present in the 3DS version since the 3DS doesn't have rumble, but I do like it when remakes add features and certain things that felt missed in the original versions. So, I would say I enjoy remakes for the most part.

What do you think about video game remakes?

2. Levitz

Levitz Little Spike New Ogre

Credit:
    Remakes are a great way to re-live old memories. Graphical improvements are great but when they improve on old issues it's great. Just played and completed Shadow of the Colossus PS4. Graphics are so great but the game plays infinitely better. I fully get behind remakes.

3. Deku1

Deku1 Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    i rly like remakes,graphics need to be better and better every next year........

4. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I like them. They bring old games back. I'm not a huge fan of simple upscales and slapping $60 on it but even then I guess at least the game is brought back. I do really like full on remakes like Pokemon Omega Ruby, it's the same game but they've remade it as a modern title with new features and such. You get all the nostalgic feels but also all the playability an modern conveniences of today's games. It's a fun way to revisit old favorites.

5. CanineAQ3D

CanineAQ3D Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Remakes are awesome for the most part, normally when you hear a movie was remade, you almost know it'll suck compared to the original. But for games, it seems the opposite is true. I played the original ruby and sapphire pokemon games. They remain true classics to this day. When omega ruby and alpha sapphire came out for the 3DS, I couldn't believe my eyes, the graphical improvements and all the newer features were amazing. It felt like they took extra care and made sure to respect the original games while adding in some modern flavour, which had my nostalgia meter at a 10/10

Aaddron likes this.