1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think should happen to PETS when you try sitting down in Boog's Tavern?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Rex, Dec 11, 2017.

What do you think should happen to PETS when you try sitting down in Boog's Tavern?

1. Pets disappear

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. Pets go on your lap

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Pets go on the table

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Pets lock next to your character

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    This is a random thought that popped in my head and i thought i'd make a poll for it. When pets become a feature, what do you think should happen to your pet after your character sits down in Boog's Tavern? Would you want them to disappear, go on your lap, go on the table or lock next to your character? What makes the most sense?

2. Actually none of those options, but I do want to explain a bit of how pets should function in general, before I mention how pets should function when the player sits down.

So if/when pets get introduced, it would be interesting to see pets trail towards the player from behind him/her. Walking side by side would be interesting as well, but I fear there'd be some issues with collision detection (a pet might hit a wall and might not follow the player anymore unless the pet happens to teleport when it's at a far distance), whereas a functionality for pets walking from behind would just be picking up the player's previous coordinates which would be an easy solution.

Now with the sit functionality in mind, I think it'd be interesting if pets could freely roam around the map (maybe with preset directions depending on the seat you're sitting in, so the pet isn't moving in random directions, but also so there's a bit of variety) since that'll give the inn a more "interactive" feel to the game. Interaction is one of the biggest features of Boog's Tavern, so it'd be nice to see more of that. It would be a bit bland to see pets sit when you sit down, or pets move when you move, so I think a lot more could be done with pets when the player's seated.

I think it'd also interesting to see pets do different things depending on where you sit. For instance, one seat that the player sits in could make the pet do a "sleep" emote sleeping next to your chair on the ground, and another seat could make the pet roam around the map. That'll give a sense of variety, and would also be an interesting idea.

3. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    pets play around you and with you/at you or have funny/serious idle animations

4. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I could see pets just roaming around while you are sitting down and doing sleep/idle animation every once in a while.

5. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Just sit or locked beside my charac sitting on the lap is good also but would hard to add an animation for all the pets

6. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    pets play with other players pet.

7. Vlajo

Vlajo Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    i agree with you

8. It would probably feel static if pets stuck around in one place and I don't expect pets to sit on the player's lap since pets will probably vary in size.

That's not a bad idea at all. Maybe if a player is close in proximity to another player, the pet will chase the other pet in a certain path.

9. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    That sure sounds like a great idea, but implementing something like this is going to take some time.

10. LegendaryGriefer36

LegendaryGriefer36 Ogre Prince The Pit
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    I like this one haha!

11. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    pets dance wit othed pets haha

12. Rueness

Rueness Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Meh let the devs rest and just lock em beside us.do some default movement just like idle morphs

13. iBRN

iBRN Club Swinger New Ogre

Credit:
    pets go on laps and the weapon must disapear

14. Stroik

Stroik Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    They should just lock behind you.

15. Romelyn

Romelyn MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Pets will be just around you even you sit you afk you died. But its more cool if your character died and your pet are very very happy to see you die lol and when your afk your pet will go to find another active player lol or if you just sit your pet will eat all the meals in the table and you just whatching how your prt eat all the meals lol

16. Romelyn

Romelyn MMORPG Addict Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Yeah mate . But its better if AE make a good style of pets depends on character doing. Like we talkin about sit in chair of bogs tavern its cool if our pet will sleep near us like a dog or i will set depends what pet it is belong.

I dont think its better if thats happen but good suggest if AE make that thing much better

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2019
  17. Stroik

Stroik Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    That would be cool but some pets wouldn't work that well doing that.