1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What image sharing site do you use?

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Blasphy, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    So far, I've been using photobucket but for some reason my images suddenly became 3rd party picture notif, any way what image site do you use?

2. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I use Imgur, what I like about it is all you have to do is drag the image to the front page and it uploads fairly quickly.

3. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Well I mostly use imgur because it keeps the quality of an image. For convenience, I may use prnt.sc since I don't have to sign up or anything, but I would usually do that if I'm uploading pictures from my phone since I'm not logged onto imgur from my phone.

4. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I am not really using any at the moment, but i could pick up Imgur if i am in need for image sharing site. I have mostly lurked around Imgur, but i haven't really used it yet like by having an account there and uploading images.

5. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Imgur mostly, I don't have much need for it so haven't really looked into different ones. Used Flickr for a while but get fed up with them changing the rules every year, Imgur has been stable and easy ever since. Sometimes I just use onedrive, especially for quick sharing of camera photos or screenshots since I set both to automatically back up to that anyways.

6. Chai

Chai Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I use Imgur, mostly to save screenshots I've captured on Lightshot. I copy the image (not the image address) on Lightshot and use Ctrl+V inside the red circle to save the image in either an Imgur album or in the 'all images' section.
    [​IMG]

Aaddron likes this.
  7. Ylber

Ylber Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Imgur because it was the first thing that popped ut when I was looking for one:D.

8. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    On a PC, ShareX software for screenshots/etc. Automatically uploads images to your website of choice, with some defaults built in. Want everything to go to your Imgur account? It's there. Any decent image sharing site can be configured to work with it, even if it doesn't have out-of-the-box support.

I used to use Imgur, but have stopped recently because: you can't retain original image quality past a relatively low threshhold, and they are pushing the social super hard which has led to major hits to album usability since I started. Still quick and easy for sharing an image, but definitely not the fantastic image host it used to be.

Now I use a website that runs off of Chevereto, software for self-hosting an image site. Different sites have different settings enabled, but your images are never resized (which means even your gifs can run up to the max size instead of reencoded to webm/mp4 and given a meaningless url extension of "gifv"). allthepics.net and freeimage.host are two examples of this.
    This still isn't perfect, but it meets my needs better than Imgur does.

Aaddron likes this.
  9. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Imgur is a pretty good place to store your screenshots and it's quite easy to add them in there.