1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What innovations would you like to see for VR?

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Snowy, May 17, 2018.

1. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    It's amazing how far VR has impacted the gaming industry, though it's mostly been focused on visual experience rather than the whole immersive experience. There are still milestones for this technology that could improve how we play games. For instance, some cool innovations would be an omnitreadmill where you can walk while playing without worrying about getting out of bounds, improvements to the resolution of the VR headset, and motion control on simulator games like driving simulators. There's so much to explore in this technology, so what innovations would you like to see for VR?

2. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    watching movies in cinema i know can make a big difference in experience, so for VR if you can see things like a movie without missing a beat it's really immersive

3. Stroik

Stroik Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I want to see some VR Driving games. Or like a VR Pubg.

4. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    One thing I'd like to see is Nintendo revisit the Virtual Boy by creating some virtual reality device for the Switch (not the cardboard ones) and somehow fix the issues that the Virtual Boy had (e.g. red monochrome, limited graphics, weird way of holding the device, etc.) while also remaking the games that were made for it. I think there's potential for success, at least from a marketing standpoint just from that alone; combine that with the Switch's joy cons and it'll definitely bring out the best experience. Of course, I think the biggest challenge for all VR makers right now is improving pixel density; it's hard to get used to the current VR headsets that exist today just because they're like to make you nauseous and being able to tell that there are pixels makes VR less immersive.