1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What is your favorite MMORPG system?

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Heromanguy12, May 16, 2020.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    MMORPGs have a lot of systems in them and some of them you might not have known about. What would be your favorite system in a MMORPG?

2. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Stat system. That system allows players to distribute their stat points in a particular way. So they decide what kind of character they will play. Also, it gives the opportunity of creating their own PvP style.

3. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Probably player guilds an systems related to them because most RPGs can have the other stuff.

4. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    The Guild system is also one of my favorites. Hope we can get one in AQ3D.

5. Mostly depends on the game, but it also depends on whether you're talking about some generic system that MMORPGs have in common or a unique system that strays away from common features; for instance, it would be odd for an MMORPG not to have objectives (e.g. missions/tasks/quests) or the ability to battle enemies, because that's typical for an MMORPG, but at the same time it would be interesting to see how a unique system could substitute common systems.

I think it just varies from game to game. I don't favor any specific MMORPG system, because some games do certain features better than other games, and some features in one game stands out more than another feature. For instance, maybe you like PvP in one game more than another game because the class skills are designed to fit PvP while the other is designed to fit PvE, or maybe you like a trade system more than another because one game has more options while the other game has imposed limitations. When you play a lot of MMORPGs, you'll find a lot of differences.

And sometimes you don't even need a specific feature to enjoy the game, because of other features that attract players to the game. For instance, for combat, maybe an MMORPG decides to omit skills where you have to effortlessly press keyboard buttons in favor of mouse clicks where you have to aim at your enemy. Something like that could make a difference to the overall experience. I've never played an MMORPG where you have to actually aim at enemies, but I think that would be a cool idea depending on how it's done.

So it really does depend on how an MMORPG approaches on an idea. It's generally easier to talk about favorite systems when you pinpoint at specific games, because the entire genre of MMORPG varies.