1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What settings do you use in Minecraft?

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Heromanguy12, May 3, 2020.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    You can customize how things look, sound and work by changing settings in Options menu. You can change things like FOV, difficulty, skin customization, music and sounds, video settings (like graphics, render distance, brightness and etc), controls, language and many more! What are your settings and why you use them?

2. One of the settings I used to play around with was setting the game's "Gamma" to 1000.0, not through the default main settings, but through one of the configuration files in some %appdata% directory. So then I would never have to place down a torch or worry about darkness, because there's 1000% brightness in the game.

3. Metaqrion

Metaqrion Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Basic settings, I really don't like to change the settings in any game.

4. It's useful sometimes, but it depends on what you're doing. For PvP, I think having render distance at full is helpful because it lets you see other players from far away. Sometimes even a few keybind changes could be handy; maybe you prefer binding inventory to 'I' instead of 'E' because you don't like accidentally opening your inventory all of the time. And sometimes there are maps that do require you do change your settings for a good experience, such as dropper maps.

5. Mseehr

Mseehr Spiked Club New Ogre

Credit:
    i am playing at the lowest settings because my computer is old and too bad :'(