1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What sources do you use to read/watch the news from?

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Heromanguy12, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Who here reads/watches any kinds of news? I bet some of you do and if so what sources do you use? Newspapers, TV, News websites are few examples.

2. Gamma001

Gamma001 Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I watch the Phillip DeFranco Show on YouTube for my news.

3. Aerobous

Aerobous Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Active self defense on youtube

4. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Honestly, I think news for the most part have become heavily slanted and desaturated of any credibility, and it's been more apparent since 2016. The things you find on the news today isn't really news at all; it's just constant activism fueled with rage and anger for the past four years, and I think it'll continue to get worse since people are already divided. But personally, my choice for news are from independent journalists, organizations, and people leaning more conservative (e.g. Timcast, Daily Wire, Mark Dice, Sky News Australia, etc.). There's too much negativity being fed from mainstream news outlets, and people that are taking the negativity too seriously ought to take a fresh breath outside and reevaluate themselves instead of projecting blame to other people for their social issues.

But I think it's more than just the mainstream news that are losing credibility. You have dictionary websites like Merriam-Webster changing definitions to fit a certain narrative, organizations like the ADL categorizing people to certain groups or ideas as modern-day scapegoats, and "fact-checkers" on social media projecting bias rather than facts.